Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:49 AM   #953

Sewer Tank Flusher

We spent the month of March in South and North Carolinas and all went well with the RV. Used the Furnace a lot with backup electric heaters during the days. Still warmer than Massachusetts. One little issue came up with the Sewer Tank Flusher. Has anybody had any issues with the sewer tank flusher? Seems like the valve inside the tank is slightly clogged or something as I’m not getting the same water pressure inside the tank as I used to prior to the trip. Tried using some RV drain cleaner but no luck. Then filled the tank and let the water sit in the tank for a week and still not any better. Sure don’t want to pull the underbelly cover off unless I really have to. Any ideas or theories would be greatly appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #954

Hi All,

DW and I have been researching (and I believe decided on) the 321RES as our new TT. Big step up from the pop-up years ago! Thanks to all for the fantastic input here. My expectations of industry overall lack of quality are appropriately set...and yes, we are still interested for some strange reason in making a purchase. Thanks for everyone's involvement!!!

A few questions (that do not involve the 50A service ):

- Anyone know the difference between the new 2014 and 2013 model years?

- I'm looking at two dealers Walnut Ridge and a dealer within my general region. Walnut says that Warranty issues are a non-issue since they are part of Good Sam. Thoughts? Should I purchase with them, all things being equal and price lower than local? Just interested in your experiences with them and the general concept.

- Anyone interested in voicing what I should consider a good price?

- Would you ever buy used (1-3 years old)? I'm leaning toward NO given the poor quality references here.

Thanks again for everyone input. This thread has been a wonderful companion to my research!

Happy Trails!
Tim
tniles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #955

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMASS Camper View Post
We spent the month of March in South and North Carolinas and all went well with the RV. Used the Furnace a lot with backup electric heaters during the days. Still warmer than Massachusetts. One little issue came up with the Sewer Tank Flusher. Has anybody had any issues with the sewer tank flusher? Seems like the valve inside the tank is slightly clogged or something as I’m not getting the same water pressure inside the tank as I used to prior to the trip. Tried using some RV drain cleaner but no luck. Then filled the tank and let the water sit in the tank for a week and still not any better. Sure don’t want to pull the underbelly cover off unless I really have to. Any ideas or theories would be greatly appreciated.
I think I have had something similar happen. I used one of the flexible spray wands to rinse the tank out. I had to repeat it a few times to get it cleaned out. Something we do now is after dumping is add at least five gallons of water with chemical so the tank never sets dry. Good luck!

Grizz

TT 2012 Couger HC 321RES with Equal-i-zer Hitch
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #956

Quote:
Originally Posted by tniles View Post
Hi All,

DW and I have been researching (and I believe decided on) the 321RES as our new TT. Big step up from the pop-up years ago! Thanks to all for the fantastic input here. My expectations of industry overall lack of quality are appropriately set...and yes, we are still interested for some strange reason in making a purchase. Thanks for everyone's involvement!!!

A few questions (that do not involve the 50A service ):

- Anyone know the difference between the new 2014 and 2013 model years?

- I'm looking at two dealers Walnut Ridge and a dealer within my general region. Walnut says that Warranty issues are a non-issue since they are part of Good Sam. Thoughts? Should I purchase with them, all things being equal and price lower than local? Just interested in your experiences with them and the general concept.

- Anyone interested in voicing what I should consider a good price?

- Would you ever buy used (1-3 years old)? I'm leaning toward NO given the poor quality references here.

Thanks again for everyone input. This thread has been a wonderful companion to my research!

Happy Trails!
Tim
Hi Tim,

In regard to your question would you ever buy one of these used at this point I would not have a problem with it if reasonably priced. We are starting our third year with ours and are still very pleased with the trailer.

Grizz

TT 2012 Couger HC 321RES with Equal-i-zer Hitch
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #957

Hi Tim.....We purchased our 2012 321RES new from Walnut Ridge. We live in the St. Louis, MO region and after searching on the web found that they gave us the best deal. It was worth the trip. The only thing about not buying local is that a lot of your local dealers do not like to do any warranty work or at least they don't around St. Louis....unless you buy from them.
I wouldn't have a problem with buying a used one as long as it looks like it was well taken care of. Usually they have all of the 'bugs' worked out by then. Check out the NADA to find what a good price would be.
We love ours. It's a great floor plan and we've had very few problems. Good luck!
iluvcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #958

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMASS Camper View Post
VMASS Camper. Just read your post and I think I might have an idea for you. I'm not sure where I got this information but it works for me. While traveling and I empty my black tank of my Cougar 321 RES, I add a bag of ice, some warm water and some Dawn dish soap. While traveling the ice seems to beat around inside the tank and loosen up any solids or paper stuck to walls of tank. I gave this info to my brother who has an older travel trailer and he was having trouble with the gauges in the tank and after trying this procedure several times he noticed his tank being cleaner and his gauges started to work again. Good Luck
BKBOATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #959

Hi Tim

We just bought a used 2012 321 res this spring and have been very pleased with the purchase. Picked it up in Flordia and stayed in it a few days then came home to Tn. Just finished a 2600 mile trip to Colorado and back had a great trip no problems. I am looking to buy a pullrite hitch the 20000 lb one, If any one would have one for sale or know of someone let me know. We tow with a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad cab short bed 5.9 diesel.

Thanks Stan in Tn
sjw2094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #960

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBOATER View Post
VMASS Camper. Just read your post and I think I might have an idea for you. I'm not sure where I got this information but it works for me. While traveling and I empty my black tank of my Cougar 321 RES, I add a bag of ice, some warm water and some Dawn dish soap. While traveling the ice seems to beat around inside the tank and loosen up any solids or paper stuck to walls of tank. I gave this info to my brother who has an older travel trailer and he was having trouble with the gauges in the tank and after trying this procedure several times he noticed his tank being cleaner and his gauges started to work again. Good Luck
Geo Method: https://sites.google.com/site/cbruni/
JimEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #961

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEli View Post
x2 Been working for me for 8 years now.

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #962

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
x3 for the Geo Method!!
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #963

Unhappy looking for help with electrical

Just spoke to my wife who is camping as I am at work, she has a problem, she tell me that their is no power on the plug in's by
1) The TV, and the TV does not work
2) One plug in by the stove is not working
3) The fridge is not working on electrical.
4) the light on the living room wall slide is not working(this light only works when plugged in to electrical.

All other plugs in the camper work, I had her reset the breakers, and their is no red light on to indicate that the breaker has tripped
I have a 2014 cougar 321res, does anyone have any idea as to what might be going own.

Thanks
Broadway:
Broadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #964

Does the A/C work? If not, you may have tripped breaker at the pole.

Jimmie

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #965

Broadway....there's a fuse in the converter under the sink counter (in our 2012) and someone else has mentioned here that there is a breaker or fuse (haven't checked ours so I'm not sure) in the front wall of the storage area behind the black box covering. Haven't had those problems so not sure how to solve your problem or if this will help.
iluvcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #966

I am not sure of the 321 but is there a reset button in the bath room or in the kitchen plug in?
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland, kz-rv