Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-08-2021, 11:45 AM   #29

Just wanted to chime in and add to the discussion. We have a 2021 Montana High Country. The thing is so hastily put together. Week one the motor in the fireplace gave out, the sail switch for the furnace gave out after two months. Any and all paneling, trim, etc. was just shot with a brad nailer like the person doing it was drunk. The exterior porch lights literally melted right through the orange lens and had to be replaced with LED metal housed units. Amongst a plethora of other issues that just keep popping up. To say the least I'm disappointed. You'd think with an 80 grand investment things wouldn't fall apart so quickly. Luckily nothing structural has happened to the unit yet, but I'm expecting it.
chrisicool is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2021, 11:19 AM   #30

Since my last post on 3-21 I found soft spots in the garage floor and in the storage compartment near the water heater. Seems one of the garage windows leaked in the wall and onto the floor under the matt. and the water heater was not sealed to the exterior wall correctly. This happened very quickly I know this because it is normally kept inside however on a trip to Key West in March we ran into a lot of rain. I'm not sure when to throw the towel in and get rid of this rig. I have so much invested in it now I keep thinking everything is fixed and something else comes up this unit is a 2018 Raptor not even 4 years old yet.
rblanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 06:31 AM   #31

As stated earlier - this is a depressing thread. I just traded in my 2017 Thor 38re for a 2020 keystone 26RBS. I haven’t seen or noticed any issues yet but I’ve only gone on 2-3 trips. Couple thousand miles. I’m hoping that the negative experiences listed above are either the vast minority or that I’ve gotten lucky.
CWP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 06:46 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWP3 View Post
As stated earlier - this is a depressing thread. I just traded in my 2017 Thor 38re for a 2020 keystone 26RBS. I haven’t seen or noticed any issues yet but I’ve only gone on 2-3 trips. Couple thousand miles. I’m hoping that the negative experiences listed above are either the vast minority or that I’ve gotten lucky.
it has me a little freaked out as well.we just sold our Northstar truck camper and ordered a Cougar 22 mls. the truck camper seved us well and i had to do some fixes early on but it was a good unit.i plan to do a very long/thorough inspection before i take delivery.the components will be out of my control but at least i can inspect the construction.
hemifoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 01:34 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemifoot View Post
it has me a little freaked out as well.we just sold our Northstar truck camper and ordered a Cougar 22 mls. the truck camper seved us well and i had to do some fixes early on but it was a good unit.i plan to do a very long/thorough inspection before i take delivery.the components will be out of my control but at least i can inspect the construction.
Yes do a good inspection and have them fix anything you see before you finish signing the papers and take it home. They will fix it right away then If you bring it back later it will take a lot longer to fix. Unfortunately most major Items like improperly installed roofs or leaking windows won't show up right away.
Old 12-22-2021, 10:28 AM   #34

I bought a new 2012 keystone raptor. The first time we had to use the fuel, about 3 months after purchase, found out the pump was no good. They had to replace that. Less than a year, we found water leaking in our BR Closet slideout. They determined the whole left wall had to be replaced. Sent it to Indiana which took 3 months. Got it back and noticed all the outside comparts didn't line up as they used to. Was told nothing they can do about it. 50% of the circuit breakers and 12v fuses were mismarked on the panel. I found this out when I installed my 2nd a/c unit in the bedroom. Replaced the dc converter after 3 years. As of present, we still get damp carpet in our bedroom slideout when we get a heavy rain. I will never buy another Thor product again! Oh ya, forgot to add that we had to tear out the pos norcold fridge recently and replace it. Put a residential model in.
Old 05-19-2022, 12:31 PM   #35

Our first was a 2014 Keystone Carbon TT. Excellent unit, good fit and finish, never any problems. When we went to upgrade in 2018, we never even looked at other brands. Purchased a 2017 Keystone Carbon 417 5th wheel. Quite a disappointment.
Mark_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 10:54 AM   #36

We just purchased a new 2022 Passport 2704RK (picking it up Friday)...we'd already decided it was the model for us based on my wifes floorplan requirements and my weight/length requirements. I went back and forth for a couple weeks reading the support issues from Keystone and comparing them to my support experiences with Forest River (around my current clipper) and re-reading about their support issues...(of which coachman had the other acceptable floorplan)...still decided to move forward with the passport.

What we *did* do was a very thorough walk around with the sales guy AND their service manager - and green tagged *everything* we found wrong with the trailer, inside, outside, etc and noted it in a notebook. Then I went back on my own a week later and made sure that none of the tags were removed and even noted a couple other things we missed and our sales guy was happy to tag. Fortunately everything that we found was minor and things I *could* have fixed on my own but am adamant they get fixed before we take delivery. I'm doing this now to hopefully avoid dealing with manufacturer support later on.

We pick it up next Friday, and I will go over it with the same eye I went over it with when we originally looked at before signing any paperwork. Once I'm satisfied we'll sit down and do the deed and then take it home.
Old 08-03-2022, 07:12 AM   #37

Yes do that they are not as motivated to fix them later. Unfortunately the major stuff if there is any will only show up after use. My 2018 Raptor needed a new roof at less than 3 years and at year 4 I had to replace a rotted floor at a cost of 6,500.00 because of a leaking window that apparently was leaking since new. No Keystone wouldn't pay for either one even though Dixie RV said the roof was in warranty and should be replaced they just wanted to do a shady repair that Dixie RV wouldn't do send it to some place I never heard of just to get them the 6 months till it was out of warranty. I just decided to have the FlexArmor roof installed. On our last trip one of the aluminum rims came completely apart. I think all total in 4.5 years of owning i've spent about 16,000.00 in repairs every time I think this is it but I'm afraid if I get another one i'll just start all over.
Old 12-05-2022, 12:58 PM   #38

iRV2 No Limits Club
RV Trip Wizard
We recently purchased a new Dutchman Voltage 4245 Toy Hauler and when we found it we went through it with a fine-tooth comb. There were a few issues that we found but the dealer fixed them right away (missing the MykeyTV, shade in the back and no keys). We then took it home and started to pack it up, as we are full timers, and that is when we started having problems.
The heat would not work, the crown molding started coming off and there is massive feedback coming through the speakers. We contacted Keystone and they sent us a part to fix the heater (the dealer is about 2 hours one way) so when I received it, it was the wrong motherboard. Got a Mobile RV to come out and fix it, heat worked fine till we headed out on another trip. The heater quit again. Contacted another Mobile RV in Hot Springs, AR and he fixed the problem. Turned out that the mother board was bad AGAIN and he took the who heater with him to the dealership and we have not had a problem since. Now the problem that we are having is because we bought this in September Keystone will pay us back for the costs of the warranty parts only. They will not pay for the labor and fees associated with them having to come and fix the heat that should have been working before we even got it. so now they are shorting us about $200 of the $800 we paid to have the heat fixed. And we still have massive feedback in the speakers.
Old 01-10-2023, 08:54 AM   #39

This thread disappoints me - we have been looking hard at Keystone Cougars. Everything we look at that isn't an Airstream looks like it will shake itself apart in the first 20 miles, and this thread tells me its worse than what I think it is...
Old 06-30-2023, 07:33 AM   #40

Yeah all these stories sound about right. 2021 Springdale 260bh here, and it has been issue after issue. Bought it September last year and have only been out 6 times on weekend trips and sure enough, every time I come back it has to go to dealer for some issue and sits for 2 months to be fixed. First issue was the siding pulled off on drivers side and allowed air to get in all the way down camper, the. Window leak, delaminated roofing, heck I don’t remember what else. Fortunately keystone covered the siding after fighting over it for months with warranty and window issue, roof was taken care of by dealer because they said it needed to be repaired at a cost to me of 5k, I guess they felt bad because I was done at that point and wanted to trade in until they gave me the trade price (1/2 of what I paid for it 6 months earlier). I figure at this point I have no problems knock on wood, but I will never buy another keystone product.
medic455 is offline   Reply With Quote