Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #43

Not even gonna bother with an opinion......yawn!
Nuff said.
Old Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2011, 09:13 PM   #44

It doesn't excite me at all. Too cheap looking - almost institutional. It's not my cup of tea.
RanCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
We just took delivery on a Vantage 32FLS. Price before tax, title, etc; including some upgrades/extras was $38,000. We love the interior and the exterior look. Yes, we looked at Airstreams and really liked them also. The Vantage has more storage inside, was roomier, and less than half the price of the Airstream we were looking at. We have had some issues with the Vantage right out of the gate but I will wait to see how Keystone resolves them before I share.
Congrats on your new Vantage; it's a nice looking RV. Hope the issues get resolved to your satisfaction.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:24 PM   #46

Recently discovered ROLLING ON TV, it's an RV tv show, I think it's just a You Tube channel not regular network (yet) anyway if you Google them the current episode is in part about the Vantage....they visit a show in Kentucky and visit with a factory rep.....G
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #47

Our Vantage Adventure

Back with some more feedback on our new Vantage. I'll start with the postive. We absolutely love the layout of our Vantage. As a first time Rv'er and "hotel junkie" I was afraid I would not like being cooped up in a travel trailer. I couldn't be more pleased. The layout and interior decor are perfect for what we wanted. I absolutely love the bed (an actual queen size). We put a foam topper on it and it is so comfortable that it is difficult for me to want to leave it. We have yet to use up all the interior storage space (we have the 32FLS model). So far the exterior storage area has been more than adequate. Also, we love the fact that there are two entry/exit doors. As to concerns with how low the trailer is to the ground that was part of what attracted us to it. It is very easy for us (and our not so agile big dog) to enter and exit. Even though we do not have a prior trailer to compare it to, the mileage we get towing far exceeds our expectations and it is much easier to tow than my husband anticipated (Tundra w/tow package). We do have concerns about it scraping on inclines but so far it has not been a problem as long as we take it slow (note: we are not the types to be going off road or into back areas for camping).

Now to the problems. On our way home from taking delivery we had problems with windows that wouldn't stay shut and the front door would not stay shut. Not the thing you want to discover on a 3 hour trip via the interstate and desert roads with no cell phone coverage. Kudos to Mike Thompson RV who sent (at their/Keystone's expense) a truck to tow it back to for service. Apparently the doors were not aligned right and an incorrect size track had been installed on four of the windows. They corrected the problems and delivered the trailer back to us within 3 days. We did our maiden voyage with the trailer. All went well until we discovered the grey and black water valves were not working correctly. Definitely not a pleasant discovery. Suffice it to say, thank goodness we had a bucket handy. The awning that opens and shuts over the front window of the trailer does not always shut flush with the exterior wall of the trailer. We also have had some other minor problems. We took the trailer back to Mike Thompson's and (knock on wood) most everything has been corrected. The awning is still in limbo as we need to be able to leave it at the dealer for an additional two weeks to get that taken care of (possible body work).

If it weren't for the problems we have had just out of the gate we would be perfectly happy with the Vantage. I have heard good things about Keystone but wonder what kind of quality control they have if we had these issues right away. Keeping our fingers crossed that the rocky start does not reflect what we can expect in the future. Mike Thompson RV has been great trying to get everything corrected for us.

P.S. - The dog adores the Vantage, she thinks it is a giant dog house we bought just for her.
Snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

Snowball--thanks for the update and I'm glad you are loving your new Vantage. As for the "problems out of the gate," I think you will find that is more often than not with ANY brand new RV. People are often dismayed when their expensive new toy has to spend weeks at the dealer getting issues resolved, but it seems to go with the territory! Hopefully the worst is behind you and smooth sailing ahead!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #49

thanks, Sarah!

Sarah, Thanks for the reply. Good to know most everyone has problems out of the box - lol, that doesn't quite sound right. I am looking forward to hearing what other new Vantage owners think of their new babies!
Old 02-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #50

Vantage RV Photos

View from our Vantage, Naval Base Ventura County, Pt. Mugu, CA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vantage_view_mugu_vs.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	17723  
Old 07-08-2020, 08:56 AM   #51

Still own the Vantage?

Hi Snowball. I know this is an ancient thread but I'm wondering if you still own a Vantage? I'm in the market and have found a couple of used TT's at what seems like reasonable prices.
I've tried to research all the issues with Vantage and found your thread. Any guidance would be very much appreciated! cogniz@gmail.com

Rad in Savannah
cogniz is offline   Reply With Quote