Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:25 PM   #15

Great find Francesca! What are your thoughts?

My initial reaction is that I'm not impressed with this revolution so far.

General
  • Windows; I don't understand the shades at all. They look like boring little white movie screens. I would think they would want to upscale this unit with options from HunterDouglas.
  • Walls; Very ho-hum and plain jane.
Kitchen
  • Personally, I love wood, but the choice used in this trailer looks really cheap.
  • Food prep space looks good, but I wonder how big that kitchen sink is.
  • Storage space looks minimal.
  • Glad to see storage space under the dinette though.
Bedroom
  • Maybe the most interesting room of all with a really nice closet for hanging clothes.
In closing, I was really hoping to be "wowed" by this unit, but I'm left wanting more.
Stumblefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, Stumblefoot

I think your choice of the "ho-hum" word about covers it...
Nothing very special there!
I think they'd have been smart to try for a more "technowhiz" look if they're trying to look innovative.
The photography looks kind of angled to create a more spacious impression, too...
But that's probably standard practice in the industry.

Hey-
For our own entertainment, let's try to guess the price!
It's my hunch they're aiming at the fiberglass trailer crowd with that "aerodynamic " shape...

I'm thinking $25,000-$30,000 range...

What say you?

Francesca
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
I'm thinking $25,000-$30,000 range...
I have a sneakin' suspicion that they're prouder of their revolution than that, so I'm going to guess it'll come in between $37.5K - $42.5K.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club

I'll bet you're right...
Revolutions don't come cheap, do they?
Plus, they have to go to the trouble and expense of "liquidating"
all the people that have inside knowledge of the Special Secret Design Process ...
THAT'S gonna add to the cost of bringin' her to Market!

The plot thickens

Francesca
Old 10-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #19

Hmmm, I dont see anything you cant find in other units. Maybe the revolution is bringing stuff you can find in the more expensive 5ers or MH to the TT world?
Yellowreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:11 AM   #20

My best guess would be $34 to $40K
Joyce-Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #21

I still haven't found a price yet, but Keystone now has a Vantage Website. It's still lacking lots of details such as the TT specifications, but it does provide information on decor, standards, and available options, as well as interior glamour photographs.

I do find it interesting that the first BIG advantage that they list compared to the competition is "Classic, timeless shape that will look good many years from now. Clean, uncluttered exterior." Is that really the biggest advantage you want to lead with?

While they are currently only showing two floorplans (both based on the same frame size as the unit unveiled at the Elkhart County Dealer Open House), the company President indicated that these will be the largest units Keystone offers. He said they expect to have a full range of sizes, down into the smaller 20' lengths.

Lastly, although the website doesn't show any specs, I found a dealer site that claims to be one of the first Vantage dealers. On their website they are showing the following specs for the unit shown in Indiana; #32FLS.
  • Curb Weight: 6,400 lbs.
  • Carrying Capacity: 1,800 lbs.
  • GVWR: 8,200 lbs.
  • Hitch Weight: 870 lbs.
  • Length: 35' 10"
  • Height: 10' 5" (to top of a/c)
  • Tanks: 50 gal (Fresh), 30 gal (Gray), 30 gal (Black)
  • LPG: 60 lbs.

After reviewing the Vantage's Standards, I do like the fact they are putting in a full size queen bed. I think that extra 6" of length compared to other TT competitors makes a difference in comfort. I also really appreciate the 7' interior height. I also like the large (30" wide) entry door that will make it easier to get my fat rear end through, in addition to the integrated grab handle. Finally, I'm glad to see they are enclosing and heating the underbelly for tanks and valves. This is important to those of us in cold weather climates.

I'd like to see them upgrade the holding tanks, especially the gray. For us boondockers, 30 gallons won't last long. 60 gallons would be a lot better. I also hope they upgrade the interior furniture. As design centric as they are trying to be, not having a residential style sofa, or stand alone table and chairs hurts the "classy" image they are striving for, especially after touting their thoughtfulness is using stainless steel appliances and kitchen sink. And, while I'm at it, upgrade those window blinds as well. While I'm glad they are full black-out, the roller design looks so cheap to me. They could accomplish the same thing using Hunter Douglas blinds and so much more from not only a design aspect, but operability as well and save a little weight at the same time.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I reminds me of an Airstream without the stainless. From the pictures and where the slide and kitchen are located, I'm going to think it is very hitch heavy....As far as price I'm going to guess MSRP in the 40-50k range.....Just looking in the Dec issue of Trailer Life magazine of another revolutionary trailer. I think that one was 50k+....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:11 PM   #23

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
No apology necessary!
It isn't against the rules that I know of...
Just for informational purposes, double-posting is not allowed on iRV2. From our Community Rules link that can be found at the bottom of every page:

Quote:
Do not post the same discussion more than once or in more than one forum.
Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
Just for informational purposes, double-posting is not allowed on iRV2. From our Community Rules link that can be found at the bottom of every page:

Rusty

Well, that's what I thought at first...
But the following two threads posted at about the same time as this one confused me, since they were both started by IRV2 itself!
They even have nearly identical opening lines.
I only noticed this doubling because I responded to both, thinking my first post had somehow been lost...
When I started getting notices of new posts in both threads, I figured it out!
The titles are different, but I think that second one's a mistake...we didn't hit 1,000,000 "discussions" until a couple of weeks later.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f1/irv2-e...ts-103679.html
"On or about September 20, 2011 the iRV2.com website has seen posted it's 1,000,000th post. Established in January 2000 the website has been in continuous operation for 11 years."
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f57/irv2-...ns-103809.html
"On Sept. 20, the 1 millionth post was made on the iRV2.com website. Established in January 2000, the RV interactive website has been in continuous operation for 11 years."

Francesca
Old 10-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #25

Texas Boomers Club
If they were posted by the same individual (whoever they might be), then report the duplicate posts/threads using the Report Post feature at the lower left of every post.

Rusty
Old 10-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club

You're kidding, right?

Click on the links and look who posted them.

I don't think it's up to me to "report" that poster...

Francesca
Old 10-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #27

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:

You're kidding, right?

Click on the links and look who posted them.

I don't think it's up to me to "report" that poster...

Francesca
Francesca, it really doesn't matter who posted it. If the iRV2 Administration has chosen to waive the rules for itself in this particular case, then you're just pointing out the rule violation, which you or any other member is entitled to do. The iRV2 Administration can then explain to you why they think this rule is not applicable in this circumstance.

As a community, just as in a society, rules are only valid if we all respect and follow them. There may be special circumstances where the rules can be waived (for instance, a police car violating the speed limit when in hot pursuit), but I believe you'll find that the iRV2 Administration is more than willing to explain the circumstances that validate any such waiver.

If I had noticed it, I certainly would have flagged it.

Rusty
Old 10-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Okie dokie!

I'm not looking for explanations from anybody- I only mentioned it by way of explaining my own confusing posts earlier in this thread.

Francesca