RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:29 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzZen View Post
Opinions - everybody has one and is entitled to them. I respect people's opinions, but as a whole, they are all over the map on the Thor/Keystone/Alpine issue. And without a leaning one way or the other, they are kind useless in helping me to decide.

What I'd really like is an unbiased review. I'm looking at switching from a motor home to a 5th wheel. I've found an Alpine that I really like and seems to be good quality compared to other 5ers I've looked at. But just because the cabinet hardware is quality doesn't mean it all is. I'm aware there are problems with all RV's and bugs to work out, but if there are consistent problems with one brand, I'd like to know before I sign the papers.

Does anyone know where I can find a consumer reports kind of review for 5ers?

You have the best resource here on this forum. Just look under each manufactures heading and see which have the least amount of “un favorable” comments.

Further to this do some research in the area where the unit is located and find a RV repair only company that has been in business under the same owner for the last 10 years and pay then to inspect the trailer, I don’t recommend using a dealer that sells RV’s. On the average their service departments are not the best.

3665RE
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #16

I purchased an Alpine 3600RS as my 4th camper and first 5thwheel camper. I had a few inspection and delivery repairs such as a dented stainless refrigerator door and Horrors, I found a few cuts in the rubber roof as well. Long story short, Keystone replaced the rubber roof with a new one and covered all concerns as well. I received a service call from Keystone with an assurance that if I needed anything, please call them and they will help any way they can. I have Never been so pleased with a Manufacturers service and support team, After 2 fleetwoods and 1Dutchman, I will never go back!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #17

My Alpine Rating Pretty good if I must say 13th out of 297

2010 Keystone Alpine 3640RL Trailer : Reviews, Prices and Specs : RV Guide
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
hi new to this forum we have 2002 sprinter and couldent be happer we have spent 3 weeks at a time in it love keystone happy trails
forkliftman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #19

Heartland/Thor

Heartland was bought out by Thor about 3 years ago, I waited about 2 years and closely followed Heartland Big Country owners forum to see how warranty problems were being handled. From what was posted on all brands everything seemed to remain positively the same. I ended up buying a Heartland Bighorn and so far after one year I am extremely satisfied. Did we have problems, of course, very few RV's of all types don't. I fixed all of them, even a slide that wouldn't go out.
I can't speak for other brands but everytime I called Heartland (Twice) I got a quick response and help. What else could you ask for. ( Maybe a 2 year warranty on Bighorn!)
Westwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #20

I'LL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER ONE!

Until I buy my next one..... We have a 08 Sprinter 311BHS which we bought new. The only problem we have ever had was the tires that came on the rig. The first set showed signs of dry rot after 6 months of ownership. Keystone sent me a new set (a 4 plus the spare). I didn't get 2K miles out of those before a piece of the thread separated (didn't have anything to do with tire pressure - I always carry a compressor in my truck and air-up the tires on the rig and the truck EVERY time I get ready to tow). Instead of dealing with it again, I found a Goodyear dealer about 2 miles from where we were staying and I bought a new set of Marathons. Keystone was supportive and I couldn't ask for more. I don't think you can beat the "bang-for-the-buck" you get with the Sprinter....
Campnfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #21

iRV2 No Limits Club
W have a Outback that has traveled, and been lived in, full time, for 7 years now.

During that time I have asked EVERY Outback owner that I have seen camping if they liked their camper. I have NEVER had an Outback owner say that they hated the camper.

That is not to say that they didn't have any problems, but overall satisfaction was very high.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #22

We love our Keystone Sprinter 311bhs. We have only had one problem. The AC didn't work because one of the wires was not connected. We took it to our local Camping World and they fixed it and got it back to us in an hour.

That being said this is our second RV. Our first was a Jayco and there are noticeable differences between the two brands. Jayco is built better IMHO but Keystone seems to put more decorative touches in their RV's then Jayco not to mention aren't as expensive.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #23

I have a list of items the dealer will be caring for this fall.

1. Pocket door veneer is peeling in a lower corner, other doors are solid wood nice doors, the pocket door which should be, is hallow core junk, strange.

2. Large kitchen slide gouges the floor, looks like a nail or screw is hitting the floor when opening it.

3. Rear frameless window doesn't retract, it stays open and the bars bend instead of coming back in.

4. Bedroom phone charger non-functional

5. Missing slide remote control, was told our unit had it, dealer is looking into installing it (this one is huge and pissed me off greatly, almost cancelled the deal because of this).

6. Bathroom AC vent needs replacing, it refuses to clip back into place.

7. Kitchen island outlet GFI trips with nothing plugged in.

Other than the missing remote system the items are small and easily fixed. I do have a hard time understanding the cheap pocket door when all other doors are beautiful solid doors. Maybe they felt people might have a problem closing it, who knows by my previous Class A had a solid door and it was easy to close.

We love the rig and hope to get a lot of years out of it.
EndeavorV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #24

Most dealer don't know are that well versed on there product as I feel they should be. So most of the questions I have I call keystone customer support. They are great and have been very friendly. I'm on my third Keystone product we started out with an 2007 Outback 28 KRS. Traded up to a 2010 Montana 3585SA. Now we are the proud owners of a 2014 Fuzion FZ390. Boy do we love it. The quality has improved so much over the last few years we are full timers and the toyhauler gives us that extra space to enjoy hobbies and to haul my bike.
FULLTIME5ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #25

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
It is always good to hear the positives. People are always ready to write a negative review, but seldom take the time to write a positive one. To all, enjoy yourselves, life is to short. I chose to be the happy camper!!!
Rusty1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:53 AM   #26

How about the ones with real problems are too busy acquiring enough money (now over half what I paid for the trailer) to correct the total disaster they were unfortunate enough to purchase from a dealer that had no that’s “0” trained technicians to worry about posting here.

As for the comments about “hating” the trailer. We purchased the trailer because we like the trailer, we still like the trailer, and my wife loves it she doesn’t have to deal with the structural problems like I do.

Now that I have replaced large portions of the structure, repaired the frame so it will hold together, replace the springs and shackle bolts, replace the wheels so I could replace the tires and I am still trying to clean the excuse for graphics of the sides of the trailer 4 years latter I just about have a usable trailer.

Look at the forums concerning the new front living room Montana’s. By the pictures it looks like they maybe braking in half.

We will continue to use this trailer until it is used up then purchase from a quality builder.

3665RE
Old 12-20-2013, 06:04 AM   #27

Alpine advice

Did you get your Alpine and if so - are you pleased? We currently have a Dutchman Denali which we love - we've travelled to 16 countries in Europe with it over the last three years. We are now choosing between a Cedar Creek and an Alpine - both with front lounges. We have seen the Cedar Creek 38FL but only have pictures of the Alpine 3620FL. I wonder why most 5ers have flat slide-outs and the Alpine has raised ones. That is the only thing I don't like on the layout but as it is going to be 'home' we want to get a good one with good value for money.
Leonielaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #28

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
For a slide out to be properly sealed as a four season coach. It must have a flat floor so it can seal properly to the main body of the coach. If the slide room is elevated it will have to have a rubber seal in which air can pass. That is just a quick explanation of the difference.
Rusty1233 is offline   Reply With Quote