Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region > Carolina Campers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-22-2023, 07:01 AM   #1

Looking to camp with/meetup couples with young kids

If this is in the wrong place can a mod please move it to the right spot.

We are based out of Columbia SC. We like Lakewood, James Island, pigeon forge, and open to other fun spots.

We have two young boys 5,7 and we have for a couple years tried to connect with people to setup camp trips with. Usually it’s all talk and the others either never get a camper, or just do weekend runs to state parks which we seldom do as we haven’t found the fun in that. If we had good people to camp with that might change our view on the state park runs.

We keep hoping to find folks, couples, who have young kids who we could setup our trips and sort of go together and hang out, grille out, kids play together and make it more fun.

We are early 40s but we know most with kids our age are prob early 30s. That’s ok with us.

We tried once before with folks we know who camp. Issue is, then and their other camper friends are all empty nesters and their idea of fun is how many beers can they drink and lighting one with one. Well not all of them smoke but most and that’s off putting. I didn’t go out camping to smell a burning cig.

We are ok with a drink and we have a couple but it’s not my focus of entertainment.

We go most of our going through the summer as my wife is a teacher so we have 5 weeks lined up this summer.

Would love to hear from anyone or any suggestion on a better place to post this.
Rhizzlebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2023, 01:44 PM   #2

Join the Scouts. They like to camp. Did 60 years ago, anyway.
Old 03-22-2023, 02:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandW View Post
Join the Scouts. They like to camp. Did 60 years ago, anyway.
Yep hit this link https://beascout.scouting.org/
Old 03-22-2023, 07:30 PM   #4

You guys talking about the Boy Scouts?

Maybe I wasn’t specific but this is an RV forum. We camp in our camper and looking for folks to do RV trips with.

Sorry if I was unclear.
Old 03-22-2023, 07:47 PM   #5

If you want to camp with other people , or families, go to an RV park, most are full of people. They have game rooms, community fire pits and organized stuff for kids to do at many
K Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 08:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Charles View Post
If you want to camp with other people , or families, go to an RV park, most are full of people. They have game rooms, community fire pits and organized stuff for kids to do at many
Thank you
Let me clarify once more. Would like to find folks and plan coordinate to take our campers to the same campground at the same time and get adjacent camp sites. Grill and hangout together. Kids play together. All that stuff.

I know other people are in campgrounds. But every time we find someone who says yea I wanna do that, as soon as it comes time to book dates, or actually get a camper, excuses begin
Old 03-22-2023, 08:32 PM   #7

Try Facebook. There are some family camping groups that get together.
LivingToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 09:50 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
You can always post in this region (which you have done) with dates/places you are going & hope someone in the area meets up with you. Our forums aren't really a camping planning type of forum.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote