Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region > Carolina Campers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-20-2019, 07:13 PM   #29

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Thank you recorded, welcome aboard
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2019, 01:18 PM   #30

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Pines RV Resort Trial Period
After putting our foot in our mouth about Carolina Pines RV Resort, Connie and I decided we better make plans to at least book a site for a few days.
We arrived Sunday September 8 and checked in at the office. We were assigned to site B-33. A Ranger led us to the site and assisted in the backing of the motor home on the site. The site was gravel with concrete patio. It was possible to park the MH so that the door opened onto the concrete. The hook ups were positioned with easy hook up and a short sewer hose, which I like. Water pressure was good above 55 PSI and I used the Watts Regulator. Electric post is the newer style, had 50, 30, 20 outlets, cable connection is a separate box on the rear of the post. All sites have a picnic table and fire ring.
I will say at this point this place is 5 star; I have not stayed in a CG like this in all my years of camping.
All the buildings are heavy timber construction. Of course the latest in fixtures and appliances. Accessibility with ramps for those with disabilities.
The amenities are designed to offer something for all ages. Work out room has enough machines to accommodate a good crowd. Mini golf is presently closed, due to hurricane Dorian damage. Mini bowling is state of the art, 8 lanes all automatic. Arcade is designed for all ages, skee ball; electronic games of all sorts, Billiards room, card room, General Store, Ice Cream stand by the Bistro. There is outdoor seating around the Bistro for dining or just conversation. Our reserved room is adjacent to the Bistro.
Food in the Bistro is very good. The menu has something for everyone. Connie and I had four dishes between us and all were very good. Talking with others they all agreed their meal was very good. Another snack bar is to open shortly offering Burgers, Sandwiches, Pizza etc.
Our sites are in the “B” section, close to a bath house, laundry, basketball courts, and pickle ball courts. There is a walk way to the Serenity Pool area and the center of all the amenities buildings, or you can drive around to the parking area. The Serenity Pool offers a lap pool, with seats for eight and water jets to the lower back. The other pool is for bathing and has a small area about one foot deep with floating chase type recliners. The water in these pools is approximately 85 degrees. There is also a 12 position hot tub, with the temperature set at 102 degrees.
Last is the water park. This will be a kid magnate; it was in operation Sunday and filled with people. Presently it is only open on weekends.
We feel everybody will enjoy their stay.
If you have not booked a site, the cutoff date set by the CG is October 11. The rally rate will remain the same but your site might be separated from the group. Food choices is November 1st.
"Everyone Goes Home"
Old 10-06-2019, 10:45 PM   #31

Update...

Just to let y'all know, we may have to redirect in November.

We are seriously looking at a Grand Design 5th wheel and may have to use Kelly's leave time to go get it. Nobody has exactly what we want, and right now a dealer in Indiana is working with us on options for getting the OE generator installed.

It seems that there are dozens with the Gen Prep, but none with the actual generator and almost everybody is telling us that we would have to order one. I wish somebody could 'splain that one to me and make sense while doing that.

We'll keep y'all updated. I may leave her home and let her come down on Friday. I have my leave time and already have my 2 weeks in November covered.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:27 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Carolina Campers
American Coach Owners Club
A little late to the party but here goes:
Two turkeys
Two pumpkin crisps
Thanks
Bob and Sue
papa&susu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:24 PM   #33

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Happy to hear you have possibly found a unit that meets your specifications.

But sorry to hear you may not be able to make the Thanksgiving Get Together.

Did you ever make a reservation at the camp ground? Please advise

Hopefully you can get all your information and be able to form your schedule.

Please remember the cut off date for our block of sites is October 11th. After that date the rate will hold but the CG might have to locate you away from the group.
We also need the dinner choices by November 1st to forward to the Executive Chef so they can finalize their order with vendors.
Thanks for keeping us informed.
"Everyone Goes Home"
Old 10-07-2019, 09:27 PM   #34

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Thanks Bob Recorded
"Everyone Goes Home"
Old 10-10-2019, 11:14 PM   #35

Nope, not contacted yet, but I will leave a reminder for when she gets up.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:25 PM   #36

Please include us in the dinner reservations for Carolina Campers Thanksgiving dinner.
Thank you Tom & Debi Scott
rvnana2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:17 PM   #37

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Welcome Tom and Debi.

Please advise your dinner choices. Turkey or Ham and the desert Pumpkin or apple crisp
Also your site number if they assigned you a number, hopefully in the "B" section
"Everyone Goes Home"
Old 10-14-2019, 03:56 AM   #38

Replying to dinner reservations for Carolina Campers site B110 Tom & Debi Scott
1 turkey with pumpkin pie
1 turkey with apple crisp
Thanks for adding us!
rvnana2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:58 PM   #39

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Thank you; site B110 and food choices recorded
"Everyone Goes Home"
Old 10-17-2019, 08:38 PM   #40

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We are on site B-115. We would like one ham and one turkey. Also one apple and one pumpkin crisp. Had a great time at IRV2 and now looking for more fun with the Carolina Campers. See everyone soon.
lee&rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:52 PM   #41

Carolina Campers
Does anyone know if Carolina Pines has propane on site? The office is closed for the weekend and couldn't find out on the website. We're arriving a few days early and in checking the coach noticed only 1/4 tank of propane. It's going to be cold at night and heat pumps have their limits. thanks for any info.

EDIT: Forget the request above. This time they answered the phone and they do not have propane, but she said their are several places nearby where we can get it. Any of you Conway area folks have a recommendation?
spider64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:19 PM   #42

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I have used 2 propane places to fill but neither would be close to your route. Check online for Fords Propane in N. Myrtle Beach area. Think they may be close to your route.
I have used Tractor Supply in Conway and Jerry Cox also in Conway.
I checked Tractor Supply today and they where $2.49 per gallon. Might be one near you.
Think we will need it!!
"Everyone Goes Home"