Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2010, 07:40 AM   #1

04 TS 40DS03 Radio Speakers

I just bought this 04 TS 40DS03 motorhome. The pioneer, DEH-3800MP, radio in the dash has wonderful sound in the bedroom speakers but I can't figure out how to switch the sound back to the front speakers. How do I do it. Thanks for your help.
pigeonrooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome pigeonroost to irv2.
If you can not find some switches on radio maybe the sound is controlled by the Fade Control on radio.
Found this PDF go to page 9 funtion display button explains how to operate speakers.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #3

Thanks for the welcome and the information.
I thought I had tried this, but I will go over it again tomorrow.
Maybe I missed something.
Thanks Again
Old 09-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #4

Appalachian Campers
I'm not at our DS04 so I can't try to confirm, But I seem to remember something like. If you have the key in the Ignition. And in the on or ACC position. The radio will come out of the front overhead Speakers. (So you can listen to the radio as you drive down the road) But, when you take the Key out. It will only come out of the Rear/ bedroom speakers. (I have always wondered why they wired it that way.)

Give it a shot and see what happens

Roadie Roy
Roadieroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #5

New owner

I just bought an 04 TS 45DS that was evidently a forclosure unit and owned by the bank. In any case it came to me without a single booklet or pamphlet for operating instructions. Some I am figuring out by testing but I do have a couple of questions. 1. There is a small red rocker switch on the dash next to the power points that lights up when turned on but haven't yet found what nit operates. 2. I have found that the cargo doors have electric locks but can't find the operating switch, did have one door locked shut but managed to get it open again. 3. On the key ring there is a barrel key similar to what was used on one of my other RV,s for the safe. Do these units have on board safes and if so where are they usually? Have taken up enough space for this rambling Thanks in advance for any help.
bpapaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:10 PM   #6

Nor'easters Club
My 05 Envoy 38DS04 was originally wired with the four main cabin speakers on the front and rear speakers in the bedroom, as "007" indicated. Not really the correct setup for a stereo system so I rewired the main cabin with front and rear and spared the bedroom speakers for now. Good luck.

Lou
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadieroy View Post
I'm not at our DS04 so I can't try to confirm, But I seem to remember something like. If you have the key in the Ignition. And in the on or ACC position. The radio will come out of the front overhead Speakers. (So you can listen to the radio as you drive down the road) But, when you take the Key out. It will only come out of the Rear/ bedroom speakers. (I have always wondered why they wired it that way.)

Give it a shot and see what happens

Roadie Roy
Roadie, you are exactly right, ignition on or in acc position radio plays thru front speakers, ignition off, plays thru bedroom speakers. Go figure.
Thanks so much.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #8

bpapaone : I have found that the cargo doors have electric locks but can't find the operating switch,

If you have a keyless lock entry, keypad located near entrance door, the cargo doors can be unlocked with your key fob. The solenoid lock operators are controlled by a controller which is usually located inside a wall panel located behind the passenger seat. I hope that this is what you are questioning.
LEROY1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:30 PM   #9

On my 07 pressing the 7 & 9 on the key pad will lock the cargo doors. If the default code was not changed by the previous owner, the last 4 digits of the unit/chassis number followed by a 3 unlocks the entry door and followed by a 5 unlocks the cargo doors. I have to press the keys with a slight pause between each entry. If the code has been changed there is a procedure to reset it by accessing the control unit in the passengers side panel.
al_mers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:11 AM   #10

Thanks Leroy, but I didn't get a key fob, just an ordinary key. The dealer had to replace lock internals for deadbolt and door handle. Will try key pad hints from others.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:12 AM   #11

Thanks al, will try accessing key pad when I get down to unit later