Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2011, 09:49 AM   #1

2006 TS Envoy outside handle light

Hello all,

We are dealing with an issue that got us stumped....
Every coach we had that had an outside illuminated handle, had a switch somewhere to turn it off.
We can not find such a switch on this coach.
We have the step power control switch, battery disconnect and porch light switches on the left side of the stairwell.
Nowhere can I find a switch to turn the handle light off so that it does not consume electricity. Unless I kill all the power in the coach from the switch, that handle stays lit.
Anybody got the same issue ?
Thanks

Marius
magav is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #2

On my coach there a a button on the bank of switches behind the pass seat that's says door light. It controls the power to the handle as well. The door light also has it's own switch on the light itself so it can be isolated from the handle.
Hope this helps.
La-Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
On my 2005 Fleetwood Expedition 38N the porch light switch cuts off the light outside, the step lights underneath and the handle light as well. Sounds like some connection is not working may want to toggle it several times to see if it will wake up.....glen
GlenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #4

The door light button does not shut it off or on and there is no button on the handle either....

The handle light is continuous as long as the coach power is on.......
Old 12-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #5

Location: Lake OZ,MO summer-RiverBend Motorcoach Resort,FL winter
Has this been this way since '06?
Have you removed the switch and tested?
How many wires present to the switch?
Single or double pole switch?
The cover pops off the switch, 2 screws holds it in place.
If there are 3 wires and the switch is single pole, then it is possible that the handle light is incorrectly wired directly to to 12v "hot" lead.
If there 3 wires and a double pole switch, then you have a defective pole in the switch.
If you don't have 3 wires, look for a connection under the passenger armrest (lift out the slanted panel in the bottom of the pocket) which could be mis-wired.

If none of the above, you should still have a connection inside the armrest, add a switch.

Do you have keyless entry?? If you do it should be Essex.
Problem could be a hang in the unlock mode which on my '06 the handle an porch light illuminates briefly upon unlock.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #6

I was wondering if the coach should have a keyless entry but I did not get any remotes and there are no lock/unlock buttons anywhere- therefore I assumed that I do not have that option.
Would like to add a keyless system if possible.....anybody got an idea how to do that ?

Thanks for the suggestions on the switches and wiring, I will have to take that apart and see how it is wired and add a switch if needed.

Marius