Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2021, 12:02 PM   #1

Adding 200lb to bedroom slide

Starting the process of moving into our TS. My wife and I can't sleep unless we are inclined on our backs with knees bent. Like in a recliner. I'm about to buy an adjustable bed mechanism that will sit atop the bed platform. I'v already worked out the logistics that it fits under the cabinets when the slide is in....But in the process, I am adding about 200lbs to the slide!

Will that put too much stress on the slide while it's extended and while it is being deployed or retrieved?

Cliff
Travel Supreme Select 41KS01
DoubleBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2021, 05:26 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I cant see it being a problem. It would be like three people in bed instead of two. Maybe not your norm, but it would certainly support the load.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 05:54 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Slide drive motor is not going to like it!

If you have storage under the foot of the bed, maybe leave that empty, and don't pile anything on the bed while extending / retracting.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:28 PM   #4

Wold…Hoped it would not be too much a problem extended… the weight would be distributed across the platform but I wasn’t sure about the retracting or extending process.
That’s a good thought Wideglide about keeping storage under the bed empty.
I got a few weeks before I’m committed so I hope I get a definitive answer before then.
Thanks for the encouragement and truth telling. Need ‘em both!
Old 10-16-2021, 07:11 PM   #5

Our bedroom slide out is a Queen size...electric motor chain drive

Under bed storage was FULL.....lots of stuff

OEM Mattress was replaced with a Full Queen Tempur-Pedic ------HEAVY

No issues extending/retracting (mattress was slightly wider and few inches longer...when retracted the end of mattress had to squish up TIGHT against the dresser drawers)

Extended no issues (big guy/her medium size gal/78# Border Collie that liked to visit when we went to bed)

RV is going on 15 yrs old...1st 7 yrs was FT
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 07:50 PM   #6

We moved our residential adjustable bed and mattress from home to fifth wheel.
I hear no difference in the bed motor stress when retracting or extending.
Almost two years no problem...
Slide is electric cable drive.
wolfgolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:37 AM   #7

American Coach Owners Club
Find someone who weighs 200 lbs. Have them lay on the bed while it slides out and back in while the under bed storage is fully loaded.

If it works ok you are good to go. Once fully extended the 200 lbs will be inconsequential to a Travel supreme bedroom slide.

Our TS had the mechanical adjustable king size bed. Don’t know what it weighed but the slide didn’t have any troubles and we always had the underbed storage packed.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:52 AM   #8

Actually that is a very good idea, Airboss! Let's see... 200lbs...Hmm...That would be me! I'm gonna try that. That would be the definitive answer I'm looking for.
Thank you all for your input and encouragement.
Old 10-17-2021, 11:42 AM   #9

Would you please post the manufacture of the adjustable bed that you are looking at. I have been sleeping my recliner for a few years now in the motor home due to not being able to lay flat. Would love to know what manufacture has something that will fit on our existing pedestal bed and be able to fit under the cabinet when pulled in? Thanks
Old 10-18-2021, 03:43 PM   #10

Tom&Maggie.... Well that's a question that requires some explanation. I thought I had the same issue. The adjustable mechanism raises the mattress about 5 inches. which would put the mattress higher than the cabinets. So at the store where I am getting it I had the sales person raise the back of the bed but not the feet. Then with us on either side we were able to easily slide the mattress up the back toward the headboard about 8 or 9 inches so that I could retract the bedroom slide in and the mechanism would be under the cabinets but the mattress back far enough for the slide to completely shut... in theory. I have not gotten the mechanism delivered yet. But all my measurements say it can be done.
I'm sure that was clear as mud.
I am buying the the Revive 4.0 adjustable mechanism from Living Spaces. Price was 1095.00 for queen size. Has foot, back and head adjustments plus massage vibrators. They don't have it on line but likely have it in the store to demonstrate. Its nice to see how it feels and adjusts. Ordering it is taking them a few weeks to deliver. A good thing... it is delivered in two pieces so it's easy to get in the coach. They assemble it.
Hope that is helpful.

Cliff

Tags
slide