Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2015, 09:10 PM   #1

Cooling interior of coach

Have 42ft with two air units if over 90 degrees can not keep coach cool
Rgavlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2015, 06:25 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgavlik View Post
Have 42ft with two air units if over 90 degrees can not keep coach cool
What size are the units? You may have to upgrade them or add a third unit.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:33 AM   #3

You might have an issue. Of course, our dark paint doesn't help!

I can usually keep my 45 ft cool with 2 units...just fire the 3rd to make it easier.

Cooling became MUCH easier when I added the Magne Shield front windows shades...truly amazing reduction in heat up front.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:36 PM   #4

I would see about a recharge. See if the AC air is coming out at the cold temp rating. I have a 42' and at a 100 it still can keep the coach cool
DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:42 AM   #5

I too am able to keep my 42 ft cool with two ac's. The MCD shades all around likely help some.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:11 AM   #6

If you have overhead cabinets in the front of the cockpit open them & see if it is hot inside them. If it is you probably have no insulation in the front cap. I am in the process of insulating my front cap right now. Luckily I have access thru the TV cabinet. Both the front trim & the rear louvered cover snap on & off. Also you probably have a lot of heat coming thru the windshield. A Magna Shade is next on our list.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:07 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Get a digital laser thermometer and measure the air temp at the AC inlet grill and the close AC vent. There should be About 25 degrees difference. If not the Unit is bad and needs checked. These units are sealed disposable. I also painted the area on the top front, sides and back that was the coach color with white Rv roof paint. The paint made world of difference in cooling the RV. I did not paint the normal white RV fiberglass roof that my Coach has.
drwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooling, interior