Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2021, 09:00 AM   #1

Spartan Chassis
Docking Lights...

Hi All..
Finally home to Our summer home in Colorado.. A long painful trip. Progressive surge protector caught fire.. Had wrong cord end installed on coach cord.. And yesterday had one pf my worst drives through construction areas between Monument and Castle Rock.. That seems to have been going on for 10 years! Anyway.. Was proceeding through WAY too tight traffic and traffic cones and wham! I hit one on the passenger side.. Mostly a gazing hit but enough to break both docking lights on that side and put a rub down that side... I am hoping will all rub off.. But now need new docking lights.. I know the originals are made from unobtanium but has someone replaced them with something not too painful or requiring lots of cutting or grinding..?
Thanks in advance...
Avoid this area or 25 if at all possible!
Ron Husak
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2021, 09:16 AM   #2

Location: Lake OZ,MO summer-RiverBend Motorcoach Resort,FL winter
See my post here,

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f274/doc...de-496665.html
Old 05-16-2021, 09:39 AM   #3

Ron,

Look these over post #7 - https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/tal...ts-518068.html

They needed just a couple spots to file down and were so bright - Used old parts to repair the docking light I still have.

Hope this helps,

Bill
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:24 AM   #4

Hi Ron,
Been a while since I've been on the site, so sorry to hear of your adventures coming home. Hope you have gotten everything taken care of. We traveled that section of I-25 in 2018 and it was a disaster then. Fortunately we came thru unscathed.
I was trying to post a question and can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. The FAQ says to hit the New Thread button but I have searched high and low but don't see one. I noticed your recent post and thought I'd see if you could help me out. My lack of tech skills is getting the best of me lol.
Hope you guys are doing well and enjoying the summer temps in Conifer. We're in Arkansas and sweating at 9 AM. Hot down here right now.
Thanks,
Sam and Paula

EDIT: Not sure what I did but found the button and posted my question to the group.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:46 AM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by fossilxprs View Post
Hi Ron,
Been a while since I've been on the site, so sorry to hear of your adventures coming home. Hope you have gotten everything taken care of. We traveled that section of I-25 in 2018 and it was a disaster then. Fortunately we came thru unscathed.
I was trying to post a question and can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. The FAQ says to hit the New Thread button but I have searched high and low but don't see one. I noticed your recent post and thought I'd see if you could help me out. My lack of tech skills is getting the best of me lol.
Hope you guys are doing well and enjoying the summer temps in Conifer. We're in Arkansas and sweating at 9 AM. Hot down here right now.
Thanks,
Sam and Paula

EDIT: Not sure what I did but found the button and posted my question to the group.
Sam...
Great to hear from you... Hope all is well with you... I spoke (On Forum) with Paula several weeks ago when she said that you folks we getting out of the camp host thing.. That has to be getting increasingly hard with the costs and fuel and all.. But it got you out there for several years.. Hope you enjoy Arkansas..
The roads here in Colorado are a disgrace.. You should see I70 near I25 where all the construction is taking place... WE have friends who are here for a few days who live in California who are on a 6 month trip say.. They knew as soon as they crossed the border between Kansas ans Colorado where they were.. They said the worst roads they have encountered the whole trip! Quite a welcome huh?
I have color sanded and buffed the damaged side "stripes" I put into it.. About 90% came out.. Lucky.. I have the docking lights to install. But have to enlarge the openings some to get them in.. My back doesn't cooperate with bending over much so it's gonna be slow going over a few days..
It was a 100 In Denver yesterday.. Only about 82 up here at home but even that is higher than we are accustomed to! Plus the pollen season is in full swing so with open windows were decorated in yellow...
Hope things work out for you and you enjoy your new place..
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights