Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2014, 09:16 AM   #1

Electric step cover controller

can I program the electric step cover? when I push the button the cover goes out about an inch then stops. if I push the button again it goes back about an inch.
I found the control board, but see no way to adjust run time.
here is a picture of the board.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140827_152807.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	72321
I couldn't find an owners manual for the controller either.
thanks
Gary
Gary Lutke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My step cover was doing something similar so I thought it might be beneficial to share what I experienced.

Mine was moving a few inches before it would stop. Hitting the switch again would cause it to retract, but not always completely; making me think it needed recalibration. My research indicated that there really isn’t any calibration but rather when the motor draws a certain amount of current (stalled), it stops and sets the controller to reverse direction on the next actuation. Armed with that tidbit I started looking for a mechanical problem rather than an electrical solution.

Removing the step cover I found the motor to be loose in its mount, causing it to jam. Two of the three screws that secure it were missing. Fortunately, ACE hardware was able to match the one remaining screw and when I remounted the motor everything worked perfectly.
GaryM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #3

I trouble shot the cover motor.
the slide and motor was all mounted well and in good shape.
I removed the rack. the motor is still wired and I pushed the button to close the cover. it would run for 3-5 seconds and stop. if I kept pushing the button every once and a while it would run much longer. so, I do not think it is the motor overloading the circuit. anyone know where I can find out more info on this controller?
thanks
Gary
Old 09-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #4

called controller company and found out the controller is ok. it turns out the motor is bad. can get new motor for $50. but found a better motor for $125 that is easier to install and I don't have to worry about the rack screwed to the floor as this one in floating type built into motor package.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lutke View Post
called controller company and found out the controller is ok. it turns out the motor is bad. can get new motor for $50. but found a better motor for $125 that is easier to install and I don't have to worry about the rack screwed to the floor as this one in floating type built into motor package.
Gary; We just purchased a 2007 Insignia 42'. Arrive a couple days ago, had a friend deliver to my home from 1500 miles away. So, now wondering what I have done?! The step slide simply does nothing when activating the step slide button. This is a rocker type switch. Any idea how to "make this work?" lots' of things we are clueless about. Have some manuals but appears not all. Thank you!
paulin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:52 AM   #6

step controler

My controller is an RIB slide controller. I am attaching the information I got from them. My control is OK, turned out to be motor. also, check the fuse for it. My controller is in passenger side compartment
SSC102 SSC104 User Manual.pdf
Old 09-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lutke View Post
My controller is an RIB slide controller. I am attaching the information I got from them. My control is OK, turned out to be motor. also, check the fuse for it. My controller is in passenger side compartment
Attachment 74391
Your response is beyond what could be expected. Thank you so much for your time Gary. I will look into these suggestions asap.
paulin100 is offline   Reply With Quote