Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-04-2021, 12:45 PM   #1

First a "Hi" and a hope for informations

Hi everybody,

my name is Scott, I am living in Germany and I am new to this forum. I apologize for my english in advance, because I was very lazy at school learning english, in the meanwhile, I need it more than ever in school.

I am 55 yo. now and I have a wonderful 1989 Tabbert Comtesse caravan, a product of an old company in bavaria, Germany.
Because of the age of this caravan, I am very experienced in repairing things, because my "old cat lady" (nah... not my wife, I mean my caravan) there is a lot to do to keep it in a good technical condition.

Now a friend of mine asked me for help.

This friend of mine owns a Travel Supreme like this https://rvshare.com/rvs/details/1043140 and has a problem with the floor of one of the slide out. Because of a leaking window in the slideout, rain could come in over months, the water collected on the floor in the corner of the slideout, so the floor simply is rotten. I had a look under the slideout and found black rotten wood. :(

I am sure I can repair it, but I don't want to do any silly tries wasting time. I always say: do it once, do it right and know, what 'cha doing!

So I need informations, how the floor of this slideout is built. I think the floor is double laid, one outer side, one inner. Between them made of wood braces.

But how are they laid, how are they attached to the wall of the slideout?

What is the best way to proceed to fix it?

I am thankful for any help I can get, because my friend lives in this caravan permanently. So when I start repairing, it must have been done in one or two days.

Thanks to all, who give me any informations, tips, links and so on.

Greets Scotti
ScottMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2021, 06:17 PM   #2

Spartan Chassis
There is a man by the name of Paul Conley that hangs out in this FaceBook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/travelsupremeowners
He is the most experienced Travel Supreme repair guy. He has completed this repair several times and I'm sure he would be happy to help.
Here is a link to his website. https://www.facebook.com/paulsrvservice/
Good luck with your repairs and ask questions here anytime. We are happy to have you!
Ford Ranger Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 01:51 AM   #3

Thanks so much

Hi,

first, thanks a lot for this information. I sent him an email a week ago, but still got no answer. I hope, his email-filter will not purge emails from foreign countries.

Well, I will go on trying and hope to receive an answer. I won't start this project without any informations and the danger to damage more, than to repair

I will report as soon as possible.

Greets,

Scotti
Old 04-11-2021, 01:37 PM   #4

Spartan Chassis
Scott, Paul is not really good at replying to emails or returning phone calls. He is very busy all the time and doesn't get around to replying. Keep trying to contact him and if you can visit him on FaceBook. Also if you wish to telephone him the best time to call is 06:00 Central. (GMT-5hrs) When he first arrives at work he does answer a few phone calls.
Ford Ranger Towed
Old 04-12-2021, 04:49 AM   #5

Thanks for your reply. Well, then I will try it via Facebook. Calling him, might be a little bit tricky for me... writing in english is no problem, understanding english, maybe with a dialect or slang is more difficult.

But thanks for these informations, I will contact him... however.

Greets

Scotti
Old 05-01-2021, 05:00 PM   #6

Spartan Chassis
Scott,

What did you find out about your friends slide problem?
Ford Ranger Towed
Old 05-02-2021, 03:58 AM   #7

Well... nothing yet. :( I wrote him via Facebook-chat and since now I had no luck.
But due to the fact, that this friend of mine is a member of a circus and the circus has a lot of financial trouble because of corona my girlfriend and me are trying to help here first and to repair it has a lower priority.

Seems like I have to try it for my own, removing the carpet, looking what's under it, hoping to find screws, which I can remove. As soon I can have a closer look under the floor, then will become much easier.

But - I promise - I will do a video when repairing and will publish here, too.