Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2021, 08:23 PM   #1

Frame issue

I have a 2004 40dso4 40' Travel Supreme. My bedroom slide on passenger side does not fit in the hole in the wall. its even at the bottom, and is rubbing on the wall at the back side, the front is 1 1/2". At some time they were even, maybe a year ago, but now they are off. The body seam that goes all the way down the side starts to go down at the wheels, at the very back it is down by a 1/2", looks like the frame may be bent down some what. I can put a jack on the outside frame, jack it up 2" and the hole and the spacing gets even. All the batteries are on that side and at the back, I can not see anything broke, or move. The outside frame that is welded to the main frame is out of square by 1/2", that is where I put the jack, it does not move, it looks like I could cut the bottom tube, and see if it will line up the slide. If it does not work, will be easy to weld, and if it does work, could put in a spacer and then weld. A old man needs some help, please
cjwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2021, 08:51 PM   #2

Frame doesn't just 'bend'

Did you hit something?

Unless you find frame cracked/broken don't see how it would just bend down

Are the leaf springs still arched or flattened?
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 09:34 PM   #3

I'm having a hard time picturing everything you are reporting but is it possible your slide leveling bolts loosened up enough to allow your slide to shift towards the back. Can you loosen all the fasteners, jack up the slide ( slightly) and re-position it? The bending you see might be caused by the weight of the slide being in the wrong location.

This is just my guess based on adjustments I had to make to reposition my slide.

Bill

03 American Tradition
bneiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 11:42 AM   #4

Frame

Also will add that the TS was hit by a lighting 4 years ago. It got all the wiring for the engine and the computer stuff, only $15-20,000 to fix, insurance fixed it. All kinds of things go through our minds, what did happen to make a problem. I also hit a pot hole, blew out a tire, windshield popped out, and door not closing good, lot of wind noise, and the slide not in the right place and not working. All of these things after the pop hole. Could the lighting have anything to do with the frame, don't know. I am thinking if needs to go back to the factory, (there is none) or at least to Paul's RV Service. Its a long trip for me from Oklahoma. Still need some help. Thanks
Old 10-11-2021, 08:20 AM   #5

American Coach Owners Club
A lot of us have had problems on our Travel Supreme slides due to shims and adjustments. As noted above it is difficult from your description to determine what is not right.

Is the slide square and is the opening square. From the way you describe it the slide is square and the opening is drooping down as you move back but you can make the opening square by jacking up the "frame" of the opening to make things fit. Is that correct? Or is the slide sagging and you are jacking it up?

Under any circumstance I doubt lightning had anything to do with it.

If Jacking up the coach frame is what makes things fit then I suspect the "pot hole caused the problem.

Run a straight edge along the framing and see if it is bent. If so a body shop may be the place to go. I would not do any cutting or welding until you find exactly where the problem is.

On the other hand if both the opening and the slide itself are square then you have a shim/adjustment problem.

Look at the under side of the slide when extended and see if the roller has crushed up into the floor of the slide.

Put the slide all the way out, peel down the slide seal on the bottom with your fingers on the low end until you can see the roller. See if the shims under the roller mount have been crushed or have come out.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:10 PM   #6

frame

I called Paul's RV and he he is a life saver, he said in the older TS and others they start to sag a little. He said to take the trim off the back side of the slide, take a grinder and cut some of the side off, 1/4" or so, just so that it won't rub, he said he does it all the time. So I'm going to give it a shot. Took a string and checked the frame in the back, looks good. I think this job is about done, its time for the Fall trip. Thanks for all the posts, and thanks Airboss.
Old 10-13-2021, 12:01 PM   #7

American Coach Owners Club
Let us know what you did and how it worked. Someone else is certain to face this same problem.

Pictures are always helpful.

Tags
frame