RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:57 AM   #1

Getting ready to buy

We are looking at a 2003 41DS02. From the photos the owner has sent us it does not look like the cross bracing has been done.

Are there any long term consequences to not having the frame strengthening done?

What should I look for to check for any damage?

Thanks you guys are a great source of info.
DocRobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2015, 07:06 PM   #2

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRobbs View Post
We are looking at a 2003 41DS02. From the photos the owner has sent us it does not look like the cross bracing has been done.

Are there any long term consequences to not having the frame strengthening done?

What should I look for to check for any damage?

Thanks you guys are a great source of info.

The only real damage is windshield cracking and popping out.. Those who have had it done say that it seems to tighten handling as well..
I have a 40TS04 with just shy of 65K miles and mine is fine. It seems that coaches over 40 foot have more issues with this.. I knew about the issue before I bought mine and it had original windshields so I was satisfied.. That was 2 years and 15000 miles ago and all is well..
Ron Husak
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:41 PM   #3

Location: Lake OZ,MO summer-RiverBend Motorcoach Resort,FL winter
Most of the windshield problems reported seem to be on the 45' units on the K2 chassis and some Mountain Master tandems.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:32 PM   #4

As with so many topics re: MHs .... it really depends on what your going to do with it .... we have a 03 45' ... we do normal roads and highways, and good parking (and this from the PO of this coach) and have not had any problems. No cross bracing here. If you're going to more rugged roads/camping etc, then it's probably wise to have ....
just another opinion .......... (after almost a year of research on this topic)

hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:14 PM   #5

hal1phx hit the nail on the head. We do a lot of campgrounds and weekend camping....we have had the issues - but we did some bracing. Big coach....flat ground is the best approach. You can search my other posts to learn of our experiences.
DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:34 PM   #6

We just bought a 42 foot travel supreme our front windshields have poped out about 20 times we need to find a fix for this I would be leary about buying a travel supreme that did not have the fix done to it and how much is the fix and most of all where can you get it done
randyrupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:19 PM   #7

There are quite a few reasons for the windshield issue on our coaches and admittedly some are related to Cross bracing .... or the lack there of .... We are the third owner of a 2003 ... and have had no issues .....
We did have our right side windshield replaced a couple of months ago due to a crack picked up from highway stone ... or something ..... and the opinion of our tech relating to this was there are more issues with how the windshield is installed, the seal and gasket used and making certain the correct glass is being used ... some aftermarket pieces are not shaped correctly and cause pop out issues ........
so just some additional info on this topic .........

hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote