Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2014, 04:45 PM   #1

Hadley Air leveling System

We have a 2006 Travel Supreme Select on a Spartan K2 chassis. It has a Hadley Air system and a Equalizer Leveling Systems for the Jacks.

We recently purchased this coach, so I do not fully understand the Hadley Air system and how it works with the Equalizer Leveling system.

There is a panel that contains the buttons: Raise, Lower, Std Ride, SLS, and SET.

Reading the manual, it appears that by pressing SLS, the Hadley system will level the coach when parked and would not even need to use the Jacks? Is that true?

When I use the Equalizer Leveling system, does it use the Hadley Air leveling also?

For people who have these systems, please tell me how/when you use the Hadley Air Leveling system.

Any and all info is appreciated.

Thanks
Ben
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2014, 07:33 AM   #2

I'll be interested in hearing some of the replies. Here's what my limited knowledge is. The Raise & Lower buttons are self explanatory. The STD Ride brings the coach to where the standard ride should be. Yes, I think the SLS does it that way and yes you can level it for an overnight stay, but maybe not a long term stay. I always use the jacks because I'm an old dog. When you first start the coach the green light(might be amber?) on the Hadley panel will be flashing which means the coach doesn't have the air pressure yet to go safely (?) I believe ( hasn't reach standard ride yet). Don't believe the Equalizer System uses the Hadley except maybe for the dumping of the air.

As I initially said I'll be interested in learning more about this point. I rarely use the Hadley.
2013 Newell #1472
2006 Travel Supreme Select
Dale F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:37 AM   #3

Hey guys
PM me your email address and I will send you the operating manual
Jeff
La-Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeprubi View Post
We have a 2006 Travel Supreme Select on a Spartan K2 chassis. It has a Hadley Air system and a Equalizer Leveling Systems for the Jacks.

Reading the manual, it appears that by pressing SLS, the Hadley system will level the coach when parked and would not even need to use the Jacks? Is that true?

When I use the Equalizer Leveling system, does it use the Hadley Air leveling also?

For people who have these systems, please tell me how/when you use the Hadley Air Leveling system.

Thanks
Ben
The Hadley system is wonderful! When you pull onto the fuel island, set the brake, push sls, give it a moment, then push set on the Hadley pad. Give it time, and when the blinking white lite beside set goes out, it's as level front-to-back and side-to-side as it can get. Then turn off engine. Push std ride when you fire up, to return to usual ride heights...although it will automatically do that once you start moving.

If you encounter a driveway grade or dip and want to minimize dragging the mudflap, press & hold the raise button for about 5 seconds until its lite glows steadily, then give it 10 or 15 seconds to raise the whole coach about 4 inches. It will reset to normal when your speed exceeds 20mph.

When you press the Equalizer button to auto level, it automatically opens the air valves at each wheel to lower the coach. When you press the retract button, it does not reinflate the bags...but it closes the valves so they can reinflate when your engine is running.

My problem with using just the air system to level when we're parked at a site and going to stay, is that it won't run with the engine off and the slides won't slide with the engine on...so you must go through gyrations to slide out then fire up to level. But then the air system isn't strong enough to stop the coach from wiggling and jiggling as the wind blows and my boys rock on the sofas! So I use the jacks for parking overnight.

I level with air at a dump station, so both sides are able to get the most out!

I think I have pdf files on both systems if you'd like.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:32 AM   #5

Dale F, you thinking is about like mine. Use it for overnight stays or short term times during the day. I like the stability that the Jacks bring.

Jeff(La-Z-Boy), I have the manual on the system, but thanks for the offer. What I am interested in is more like what Doug (The Driver) wrote about how he uses the system and any linkage to the Equalizer system.

Doug, based on how you use the system, I can see other times I would use it, like when we pull into a Rest Area for lunch. Use the Hadley to level the coach while there.

I originally posted this thread in the Class A Forum, but it was moved to the TS forum. I put it there because I thought other manufacturers used the Hadley Air System. Is TS the only MFGer that used it?

btw, Jeff, my home is very close to you in TN. We live in Milan.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by La-Z-Boy View Post
Hey guys
PM me your email address and I will send you the operating manual
Jeff
Would love a copy of your owner's manual. I have a 42DL24 2007 TS. No manuals came with it other than the Spartan chassis book. Happy to pay for paper or digital version. Shouldn't be much different than mine?
paulin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeprubi View Post

We recently purchased this coach, so I do not fully understand the Hadley Air system and how it works with the Equalizer Leveling system.

There is a panel that contains the buttons: Raise, Lower, Std Ride, SLS, and SET.

Thanks
Ben
Ben,
Did you get a Hadley manual yet?
I spoke to a customer service technician at Hadley a few years ago.
He sent me their links to all related manuals etc.
One thing he emphasized was "Do Not Overnight Camp " without using the Hadley leveling system. According to them, it may cause chassis damage.
trux is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling