Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2023, 03:58 PM   #1

Half my coach has lost power

I feel like I’ve been thru this before and can’t remember the fix. I replaced all 8 Coach batteries and now a lot of things don’t work. Thankfully the fridge, microwave and tv work but the lights and other things do not. I’ve plugged into to shore power/ cranked the generator and the transfer switch is working. I’ve only found one GFI breaker and that’s not it. What am I missing?
Thanks
Jimmy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2023, 04:09 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Are you sure you have the new batteries connected correctly? You possibly blew a high amperage 12v fuse when you changed the batteries. Your lights are 12v and are totally separate from the 120v outlets, so it sounds like you have a 12v issue.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 04:30 PM   #3

I took multiple pictures and I’m sure they are correct. My water pump, wall sockets, ceiling lights etc…. Are all out
Old 04-28-2023, 04:40 PM   #4
YC1

Since you have shorelinene and generator available and still don't have a12-voltolt items working as mentioned by Dan, some pathway has not bereestablishedhed.

That is, some wire or wires were dropped and hiding from you, or a major fuse/breaker has opened, or if you were using a battery switch to isolate while changing batteries it could have failed when being turned on or off.

You need a voltmeter or test light to begin chasing the issue.

Across your new batteries first, then follow the positive wires wherever they lead you

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 04:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdaniel2509 View Post
I took multiple pictures and I’m sure they are correct. My water pump, wall sockets, ceiling lights etc…. Are all out
You have a wire not connected back to where it belongs somewhere. Take a deep breath and start looking at each battery terminal and connection, one at a time, and compare each connection to your pictures.
Old 04-28-2023, 06:58 PM   #6

check your breakers on your inverter.
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 06:11 AM   #7

Thanks all. I’ll start back on it today
Old 04-29-2023, 09:25 AM   #8

I have NO explanation for this. I took my volt meter and went to the coach this morning. When I open the door everything is now working perfectly. I never touched a thing. Who knows…!?
Jdaniel2509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 09:31 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdaniel2509 View Post
I have NO explanation for this. I took my volt meter and went to the coach this morning. When I open the door everything is now working perfectly. I never touched a thing. Who knows…!?
In this case I would be checking for a loose connection on each and every connection. Perhaps just a slight vibration made a connection which wasn't there before. Give everything a wiggle test. Bad or loose connections can cause heat and heat can cause a fire.

Tags
coach, power