Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2022, 12:06 PM   #15
Community Moderator

HELP! Hubby out of town-we are cold!

I’m pretty sure a coach of that era has an aqua-hot hydronic heater. Maybe the diesel fuel has gelled due to the low temperatures.

They make additives to add to the diesel fuel to make it flow freely in cold temps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0093.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	381333
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2022, 12:54 PM   #16

Two questions: First, did you get your heat going (furnace)? Second, Where are you located in the event you do not have your heat going somebody may be close enough to give you a hand in person.
RealNiceTent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 01:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealNiceTent View Post
Where are you located in the event you do not have your heat going somebody may be close enough to give you a hand in person.

Good idea.

Post what town you are in, not the address. Ask for those who may be able to help to Private Message you.

Other option, if you are in a CG is to ask the manager or others in the CG.
Old 11-21-2022, 01:21 PM   #18

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I’m pretty sure a coach of that era has an aqua-hot hydronic heater. Maybe the diesel fuel has gelled due to the low temperatures.

They make additives to add to the diesel fuel to make it flow freely in cold temps.

Attachment 381333
On occasion I have been known to be wrong but having owned a 2004 Travel Supreme I do not believe they came with both a HYDRO hot and a propane furnace. Pretty clearly, she has a propane furnace thus I doubt she has a Hydro hot (older version of Aqua Hot)

I also note her indicator panel says the hot water heater is on but the pilot is out on it also. Even though she notes the pilot lit once I find it odd that the pilot is not lit on both the furnace and water heater. This suggests there is no propane going to either. It's possible the propane valve has been turned off rather than on.

I hope she took the advice above about obtaining some space heaters till she gets this sorted out and is seeking some local hands-on help.

She also needs to get some sort of heat source in the wet bay if temps are going to continue to drop.
Old 11-21-2022, 01:35 PM   #19
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss68 View Post
On occasion I have been known to be wrong but having owned a 2004 Travel Supreme I do not believe they came with both a HYDRO hot and a propane furnace. Pretty clearly, she has a propane furnace thus I doubt she has a Hydro hot (older version of Aqua Hot)

I also note her indicator panel says the hot water heater is on but the pilot is out on it also. Even though she notes the pilot lit once I find it odd that the pilot is not lit on both the furnace and water heater. This suggests there is no propane going to either. It's possible the propane valve has been turned off rather than on.

I hope she took the advice above about obtaining some space heaters till she gets this sorted out and is seeking some local hands-on help.

She also needs to get some sort of heat source in the wet bay if temps are going to continue to drop.

I agree she wouldn’t have both. What makes me think the propane tank is just a relic, not connected to anything are a few clues…. Cooktop she says is “glass top”, this was probably propane when new and was converted to induction. Fridge was converted to residential as well. These were probably the only propane appliances. The water heater switch looks just like the one in my friends Monaco coach with aqua-hot (hydro-hot).
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 01:39 PM   #20
Community Moderator

I would add.......buy an electric 1500 watt ceramic or oil bath space heater.....that way you can also mitigate the risk of running out of propane. That is what we have.
Old 11-21-2022, 03:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp CA View Post
I would add.......buy an electric 1500 watt ceramic or oil bath space heater.....that way you can also mitigate the risk of running out of propane. That is what we have.

We are currently living on 2 1500 watt heaters, one goes in the wet bay on it's lowest setting just before bedtime (we've been down in single digits am), and we just bought a 1500 watt milkshed heater because the little turbo fan one I was using died, at the same time the heat exchanger went out in the furnace. With hot water heater on, both electric heaters, both TV's, and the inverter we pull 27 amps. Not much room on a 30 amp, but we haven't tripped protection in the EMS yet.

I originally bought the turbo fan to dry the carpets when I cleaned them before we became live-aboards. We started using it this fall to keep the chill off and save propane.
Old 11-21-2022, 03:35 PM   #22

By the way for the electric heaters stay away from the ones with electronic controls. I have read that non pure sine wave inverters kill the controllers if you have a power outage and they run on the inverter. Same problem with electric blankets.
Old 11-22-2022, 06:56 PM   #23

Mid Atlantic Campers
I hope she comes back and gives us an update. Hopefully, a mobile tech can help.
Old 11-26-2022, 02:01 PM   #24

Spartan Chassis
Second thermostat??

Not sure if it is factory install or some PO's add on but my 2004 has a separate thermostat in the hallway that controls the furnace, just a small thing that does shut the furnace down when set to the lower temp.
Old 11-27-2022, 02:24 PM   #25

Spartan Chassis
Well, it's been a week now since she last posted. She either got it working or froze to death. Guess we will never know!
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 03:09 PM   #26

Guessing she fixed it too. I would of had her call the hubby so he could walk her thru the procedure..
LifeSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 04:49 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
I think they are dealing with a hydronic heating system of some sort and need to have the switch on for it to work correctly. Plus making sure the electric assist switch is activated also.

Then the 5 button CCC needs to be in Furnace mode for each zone.
Surf Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 04:57 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by David 70 View Post
She said "it did light once" so it sounds like it is just a waiting game for the lines to purge. How many times have you tried it since?
Are you in a campground or rv park with other campers? Perhaps someone else there could take a look and see if everything is turned on as it should be.
Even though it lit, it may have had some residual gas in the line after it was turned off, just enough to light for a moment. I would still verify that the gas is turned on...
ldfeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow