Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2022, 02:42 PM   #1

HELP! Hubby out of town-we are cold!

Hi all! We just got this 2004 Travel Supreme and I can't figure out how to get the furnace to work. I have read your posts about Aquahot systems...I don't know if I have this or not. I have the Dometic heatpump/furnace controller. I have switched the controller to furnace and all I get is cold air blowing.

--Pilot light does not seem to be lighting. I have full tank of LP. The gas does not seem to be flowing now...It did light once but the furnace only blew cold air. There is another button that says water pump, but I did not turn that on since we are hooked up to camp water. Maybe this is for the Aquahot?
--I have hot water, but it's running on electricity.
--Did all of these coaches come with an Aquahot? If so, where would I look to find this unit? I found a page with all the user manuals if I can find the model number.

Hubby is out of town for 3 weeks and my daughter and I are cold. It is a little too chilly for the heat pumps to work well here.

Thank you in advance!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0794.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	381280   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0795.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	381281  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0796.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	381282  
QckChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2022, 03:10 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
1st, check your LPG Level. 2nd make sure your control is set to Furnace and not Heat Pump. Next, have you made sure that the valve on your propane tank is open? Go to the bay where your propane is located and SLOWLY turn it counterclockwise to assure it's open. Then, if you have propane and the valve is open, if you have a gas stove, after a minute or so try to light one of your burners. If it lights, you've got propane flowing in your system. Try your furnace again to see if it lights
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 03:20 PM   #3

Yup. Try Mike’s ideas exactly as outlined. If the stove burners work….we’re in a better place to solve your problems. I usually start up each burner, and let them all run for about a minute to get the gas flowing.
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 05:05 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Yes to what Mike said. Your furnace is probably on Zone 1 only. If you are not there and don't see furnace listed, switch zones on the touch pad to Zone 1. The Mode button will cycle you down to the furnace.
rvbiker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 05:05 PM   #5

Hi all, LP gas is full. Unfortunately I have a glass cooktop so no gas there to try. Dryer is also electric. LP is on and furnace is selected on the thermostat. Thanks!
Old 11-20-2022, 05:11 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by QckChic View Post
Hi all, LP gas is full. Unfortunately I have a glass cooktop so no gas there to try. Dryer is also electric. LP is on and furnace is selected on the thermostat. Thanks!
Did you confirm the valve is open on the propane tank? Beyond that, I'm at a loss. Possibly you could have a reset button somewhere in your system, but I'm not conversant in your particular MH. Someone here will know better than me.

Curious, how low are your temps supposed to get to tonight?
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 06:06 PM   #7

Spartan Chassis
What type of refrigerator do you have? If it is elec/propane set it to gas. We are trying to make sure you have propane flowing in your coach.

Also check fuse #7 in the fuse panel in your photo.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 06:43 PM   #8

Hi all, at some point someone put an electric fridge in the coach so I can’t check the propane that way either. The propane valve is definitely on. I have checked the fuse and the breaker and they are both good. There is a reset button by the pilot light and I pushed that but it didn’t seem like anything happened.

It’s supposed to get down to about 25 tonight.
Old 11-20-2022, 07:01 PM   #9

Spartan Chassis
When you first turn the furnace on at the thermostat, with the temp set high enough the furnace should light, does the fan come on? There is a sail switch inside the furnace that is supposed to open when heat is selected and the fan comes on. The sail switch controls propane to the furnace and is activated by airflow from the fan. If it is stuck you will not get ignition. That is a common problem, especially with units that have not been operated for awhile.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 07:29 PM   #10

If all else fails go to Walmart and get a couple of their $15 heaters. The ones with little fans to force air through the heater. They have tip over switches so are relatively safe. You can keep quite warm with them running. They won’t keep your water from freezing down below but at 25 for a few hours you probably won’t have an issue with that. If you don’t have heat tape on your fresh water hose you will want to disconnect it for the night and bring it in where it won’t freeze. Then you can reconnect in the morning as the temps rise. (If your breaker trips with both of these little space heaters on, one of them needs to plug in another place to get it on a separate circuit.)

I have used these down to 28 degrees without any problems and was toasty warm. I use them rather than the furnaces because I dislike the noise my furnace fans make. I only run my furnace a few minutes in the mornings to bring the temps (from a slightly reduced sleeping temperature) up quickly to where I want my temps to be.
Old 11-20-2022, 08:22 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
One thing to try. Reset the thermostat. On the bottom of the thermostat there is a black toggle switch, on and off. Turn it off and then press and hold the top and bottom switches on the thermostat. While holding the switches in, toggle the on/off switch to the on position. If it resets, going from memory here, there should be a series of ffff's on the screen.

If that does not reset and start the furnace, it is probably the sail switch that is not working.
rvbiker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 07:16 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Did you physically turn the valve knob on the propane tank, most technicians close the valve when filling the tank. It's probably a round gray metal handle, turn it counter-clockwise
Attached Images

Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 07:55 AM   #13

She said "it did light once" so it sounds like it is just a waiting game for the lines to purge. How many times have you tried it since?
Are you in a campground or rv park with other campers? Perhaps someone else there could take a look and see if everything is turned on as it should be.
Old 11-21-2022, 11:56 AM   #14

Mid Atlantic Campers
Carolina Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to Tugboat
One Luther thing to check. The propane gas alarm should be somewhere near the floor press the reset button. That happened to me one time after I had shut off the 12v system.
Tugboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow