Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2016, 04:57 AM   #15

Ugly Fix sensor

Steve I have an 06 TSS 45 and on mine if you lift the lower engine cover in the bed room (my unit has the full rear closet) - look down the right side of the valve cover about 1' and you will see a wiring harness. You will see a connector covered with a small rubber "flap". under that flap is the connector. I had a tough time "pushing the red clip to the left" but it finally went and then the connector unplugged easily.

I will be at the motorhome tomorrow and will post a picture.

Buck
hwbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2016, 01:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwbuck View Post
Steve I have an 06 TSS 45 and on mine if you lift the lower engine cover in the bed room (my unit has the full rear closet) - look down the right side of the valve cover about 1' and you will see a wiring harness. You will see a connector covered with a small rubber "flap". under that flap is the connector. I had a tough time "pushing the red clip to the left" but it finally went and then the connector unplugged easily.

Buck
I have the same coach, and opened the same hatch.

HA, I wish there was just one wiring harness, and just one connector covered with a rubber flap!

I thought the best clue was that the barometric sensor that we are to replace with the Ugly Fix module has a wire harness connected to it from just one end, and the other end has a rounded point with a large hole in it.

But I don't find such an animal. Plenty of modules with wires out both ends...

I called Hanak, talked to a nice guy, Anthony, who insisted the baro sensor would be on the curb side of the engine, near the back of the bus.

Not so's I can find.

Love to hear where someone found it on a TS....

Doug
Old 03-11-2016, 02:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
I have the same coach, and opened the same hatch.

HA, I wish there was just one wiring harness, and just one connector covered with a rubber flap!

I thought the best clue was that the barometric sensor that we are to replace with the Ugly Fix module has a wire harness connected to it from just one end, and the other end has a rounded point with a large hole in it.

But I don't find such an animal. Plenty of modules with wires out both ends...

I called Hanak, talked to a nice guy, Anthony, who insisted the baro sensor would be on the curb side of the engine, near the back of the bus.

Not so's I can find.

Love to hear where someone found it on a TS....

Doug
Location for 2007 Select. Looking in from the back of the coach on a ISM500. On the left side of the top of the motor you will see a row of bolts that secure the valve cover. Count back to the fifth bolt and the sensor is 1 to 2 inches to its left. Easy to do if you are thin enough to squeeze in a little. If not may have to open the inside engine access door.
Tireman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:42 PM   #18

Thanks, Tireman, I got that the first time you posted it...still can't find it! Several sensors/modules up there, but every one I find has wires out both ends, and nothing has that tapered end with the hole through it nor the opening in the body to detect pressure.

Even through the bedroom hatch, it's a tough search, because everything seems to be j-u-s-t past the opening toward the back of the bus!

Any more clues to look for?
Old 03-11-2016, 03:23 PM   #19

I'm beginning to think we may have an older type of baro sensor, or none, not very likely. My wire harness that is about 3" thick is about 3' below the floor. I'm wondering if the sensor is bolted to the block or something. I'm going to check that out.
Steve
Old 03-11-2016, 05:19 PM   #20

Quote:

Buck
Thanks Buck. A picture would be great for I have looked everywhere.
Steve
Old 03-12-2016, 10:08 AM   #21

I noticed on the installation instructions on the Hanak web page for the Cummins ISM state: Note: The location for the ISM engines is behind the fuel pump, drivers side..

Considering the instructions were intended for "truckers" and not "RVers", that would mean (with RV engines being backwards) the passenger side.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:47 PM   #22

I have a Cummins ISM with a built date of 02/04. CM870 ECM. After taking note of the Hanak instructions, I noted on their web page about the sensor being on the same side as the fuel pump on the ISM. I found one manual that shows the sensor...attached pdf. I also took a couple of photos while I was UNDER the motorhome. The sensor on mine was below the ECM, between the fuel pump and the "slober tube." ...photo with sensor circled.
It wasn't the best location to work on but I did finally get the old sensor out and the Ugly Fix in.

I won't be able to take a test drive for a couple weeks to see how it runs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	circled.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	121257   Click image for larger version

Name:	siemens barometric pressure sensor 4076493.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	121259  

Name:	IMG_20160312_104913309.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	121260  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Barometric Sensor.pdf (170.2 KB, 87 views)
Old 03-12-2016, 04:42 PM   #23

You're good, Arizonanomad, real good! Thanks for that info. Because I've not found my baro sensor in so many other likely locations, chances are looking good I'll find it where you did!

Thanks much for quickly posting.

Doug
Old 03-13-2016, 06:08 AM   #24

Install photos

Old Steve here are two photos shooing the install on my 06TSS 45

look at the first and count down 5 valve cover bolts on the right. You will see a clean plug in the wiring harness on top of the engine. Same in the second photo just a little closer. Hope this helps but it sounds like the harness may have different routings. Buck
Old 03-13-2016, 06:19 AM   #25

photos

not good at photos but here goesClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0498.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	121315

Name:	IMG_0497.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	121316
Old 03-13-2016, 11:45 AM   #26

Thanks to both of you for the pictures, they really help. It is clearly not on top of the engine, so underneath I go. I'll let you know what I find.
Steve
Old 03-13-2016, 01:38 PM   #27

Forget previous location by tireman. Wrong sensor ,my bad. Arizonanomad is dead on in his post. Thanks
Old 03-13-2016, 06:36 PM   #28

Quote:
not good at photos but here goesAttachment 121315

Attachment 121316

Hwbuck, that is the wrong sensor. See post by Arizonanomad . He is dead on. I made the same mistake.