Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #1

Limited macerator system

This is my first experience with this system. Can I leave the small hose from the system in the dump inlet ? I leave the gray water valve open and the gate valve at the end of hose open and hopefully the gray sewage will continually drain. Am I right? Of course I do not do that with the black water.
dickschaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickschaak View Post
This is my first experience with this system. Can I leave the small hose from the system in the dump inlet ? I leave the gray water valve open and the gate valve at the end of hose open and hopefully the gray sewage will continually drain. Am I right? Of course I do not do that with the black water.
Yes, you have it correct. You can leave the Gray system open. The day before you leave close the gray gate valve to build up some rinse water. When you ready to leave and your dumping your tanks dump the Black first, then with the macerator off Open the gray valve, this will drain the water into your black tank and provide a flush out. When the tanks equalize close the Gray gate and re dump the Black. This will provide a flush out of the black tank. You can do this for as many time as you have water in your gray tank, I usually try to have enough to do two flushes and still leave some in the Black tank to swish around while driving. Once your satisfied you flushed the Black enough close the Black Gate open the Gray gate and drain the remainder of the Gray, this will flush out the hose. Cap the hose and your done.
It takes long to read and write about it than to do it.

Hope this helps,
Stewart
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDSailor View Post
Yes, you have it correct. You can leave the Gray system open. The day before you leave close the gray gate valve to build up some rinse water. When you ready to leave and your dumping your tanks dump the Black first, then with the macerator off Open the gray valve, this will drain the water into your black tank and provide a flush out. When the tanks equalize close the Gray gate and re dump the Black. This will provide a flush out of the black tank. You can do this for as many time as you have water in your gray tank, I usually try to have enough to do two flushes and still leave some in the Black tank to swish around while driving. Once your satisfied you flushed the Black enough close the Black Gate open the Gray gate and drain the remainder of the Gray, this will flush out the hose. Cap the hose and your done.
It takes long to read and write about it than to do it.

Hope this helps,
Stewart
Stewart, thanks a million. That was a wonderful explanation. I had no idea that you could rinse the black tank like that.
dickschaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Your very welcome. Here is a link to the SaniCon site. You didn't say what system you have but this should help regardless. I was looking for a PDF file to send you, but the link was the best I could do.

Sani-Con System
Old 04-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
YC1

Did you get the attachment shown for your hose that is shown in the link picture?

It has threads but to screw it in to the dump drain. Sometimes they dont fit or the threads are a bit messed up.
I bought a cap for the dump drain and drilled a hole through the top, inserted a piece of pvc with threads on the end I left out for traction to hold the macerator hose on. I glued the pvc pipe to the cap.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Did you get the attachment shown for your hose that is shown in the link picture?

It has threads but to screw it in to the dump drain. Sometimes they dont fit or the threads are a bit messed up.
I bought a cap for the dump drain and drilled a hole through the top, inserted a piece of pvc with threads on the end I left out for traction to hold the macerator hose on. I glued the pvc pipe to the cap.
Yes, I have the permanently mounted system. No real difference between the Permanent or removable types other than the mounting, aside from that they are the same.
That end piece is, as you know, where you attach the cap for storage. It is also where you can attach a garden hose to pump at greater distances if required.

Which system do you have? The first two in the link have a "Gray water Bypass" which is how what you were describing in your OP works. the last one the "Tank Buddy" doesn't have the bypass. I suspect that gray water will still make it through but much more slowly, possibly to the point of not being effective.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #7
YC1

I have the gray water bypass. My macerator was mounted and hard to get to. It is now free and accessible.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #8

Location: Lake OZ,MO summer-RiverBend Motorcoach Resort,FL winter
I removed the entire system, hose reel and macerator. Never saw a real need for it for the type of camping we do. Don't boondock enough to have to transfer to portable tank for dumping.
Debris is left in the black tank because of lack of "full force dump" no matter how much water you flush through it. I even found the tip to the blackwater flush out in the macerator.
Sorry just my opinion, others may like it, just not for me. Seen too many problems with them. Guess I am old fashioned and will stick to my faithful 3" hose and a clean tank.
Anyone want to buy a reel and macerator??
Old 04-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #9
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaroamer View Post
I removed the entire system, hose reel and macerator. Never saw a real need for it for the type of camping we do. Don't boondock enough to have to transfer to portable tank for dumping.
Debris is left in the black tank because of lack of "full force dump" no matter how much water you flush through it. I even found the tip to the blackwater flush out in the macerator.
Sorry just my opinion, others may like it, just not for me. Seen too many problems with them. Guess I am old fashioned and will stick to my faithful 3" hose and a clean tank.
Anyone want to buy a reel and macerator??
They sure are handy for pumping uphill to the cleanout at my house. My tank cleanout was not very effective. I just installed this. It seems to work much better. Camco 40126 RV Tornado Rotary Tank Rinser with Hose : Amazon.com : Automotive