Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2015, 10:52 AM   #1

Thumbs up Making an Owner's Manual: 2005 Travel Supreme Select 45ds04 500HP Specific

Okay, here I am again and hoping that someone new or perhaps old has joined that has a 2005 Travel Supreme Select 45ds04 500HP Cummins with the 6 speed Allison Trans. I am trying to find perhaps the built sheet for such a Motor coach, that would list all installed equipment information, as well as door latches, original follow satellite and tuner info so that I can search out all the manufactures data to put together a complete Pdf manual for all owners and download for all. Since the company doesn't exist any more I am sure other owners need the same info. I can find almost everything on the internet, but without knowing what was actually installed by manufacture make and model info, I am in the dark. Please any and all responses is greatly appreciated. God bless.
wordofgodspe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2015, 05:15 AM   #2

Vehicle Info

As a recent buyer of a 2005 T-S Select 42DS04 I know how you feel. I am collecting info on stuff as I work on/inspect the coach.

Spartan emailed me the Spartan chassis wiring manual for my coach. Give them a call. They can help with front and rear suspension manuals and manual for the differential. But these are more technical than most owners want or need.

T-S installed wiring is not in this manual. T-S' wiring is neither numbered nor does it have unique color codes (same limited colors on wiring used over and over). The only common thread I have seen is that the solid white wire has always (so far) been ground. Make notes if you have any work done on the electrical noting the location of the item repaired, etc.

I could not get the Cummins owner's manual from Spartan, it may no longer be available.

I write down the model and serial number of anything I have access to when I'm working on it or checking it.

Your best sources for info will be internet searches and this forum.

I hesitate to give you the info I have because the manufacturers of large motorhome are small production, semi-custom vehicle builders.
I started a log of all my info and I strongly encourage you to do the same.

If you need info on a specific item, I'd be glad to share whatever info I have.

Most of my life I was in fleet maintenance. We kept a card with key codes, part numbers of common breakdown parts and a complete service record in the front of every vehicle's file.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:38 AM   #3

Thanks for the info Dave

Yes I have been doing the same things and have the Spartan Chassis info as well as all the wiring and fuse info. I am try to get anything with regard to equipment installed on delivered units. I have the 500 HP Cummings Diesel maintenance manual. I am more interest in the fixtures, furnace & heat pump units, Fans, door locks, electronic door locks, TV's, radios, back up cameras, toilet/plumbing fixtures, Hydro Hot, hose reel, power cable reel, thermostats, electric stove, convection/microwave oven, dishwasher, washer drier, etc. and or any other equipment that was standard or option for the motor coach of this year, make and model.
Thanks for your post.
wordofgodspe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:55 AM   #4

As much as you'd like the build out sheet, I just don't believe they are available. I've owned 2 TS and both have been good coaches. I've looked at several when traveling around and the common denominator is all the coach are build just a little bit different. Wiring diagram? Only in our dreams. I think most coaches depend on who and the day of the week! As far as the components that make up the coach I use Google and this forum to figure it all out. Yet to be stumped on anything and I'm not too bright! Good luck and happy traveling.
2013 Newell #1472
2006 Travel Supreme Select
Dale F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:08 PM   #5

Guys - I have a 05 tandem Model TRAVEL SUPREME. Unfortunately it is in the shed for the winter. I have the chassis manual for a 400 HP and many parts of the "owners" manual for appliances, jacks, and the body - maybe the whole manual - but it is not the most professional thing put together. I will grab it in a week or so. If you have questions then - I will watch the form for them.
DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:18 PM   #6

Down load the Cummings Quick Serve app. You can then plug in your serial number and the build info for your engine pops up.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:38 PM   #7

Spartan Chassis
2005 Travel Supreme Select 45DSO4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofgodspe View Post
Okay, here I am again and hoping that someone new or perhaps old has joined that has a 2005 Travel Supreme Select 45ds04 500HP Cummins with the 6 speed Allison Trans. I am trying to find perhaps the built sheet for such a Motor coach, that would list all installed equipment information, as well as door latches, original follow satellite and tuner info so that I can search out all the manufactures data to put together a complete Pdf manual for all owners and download for all. Since the company doesn't exist any more I am sure other owners need the same info. I can find almost everything on the internet, but without knowing what was actually installed by manufacture make and model info, I am in the dark. Please any and all responses is greatly appreciated. God bless.
WOW nice to find you wonder how much info you found. I just bought my MH LAST year have not used it yet and doing some odd service jobs on it.
I have one Huge Manuel and some other ones so would be nice to swap info. GORD CURRIE CHILLIWACK, British Columbia, Canada
Old 03-19-2019, 06:13 PM   #8

My trailer is quite a bit less extensive than your MH but, I went through and got the model and serial number off everything and was able to d/l and print out all the manual for the stuff I have. The keystone manual was absolutely worthless.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofgodspe View Post
I do have the original on My new to me 2004 45DSO4 500-HP. it doe into have much info in it. I check all the book that I got with the RV I did not see and of the items you asked about. I do have a sheet on how this RV was delivered to the customer
Tbrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, travel, travel supreme