Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2018, 09:14 AM   #1

Need help! Where is the main power solenoid located

It's Saturday and I think my main power solenoid went bad. The main power switch has 12v current but there's no DC power inside. I am assuming it's the Main Power solenoid. It can be temporarily bi-passed but I'm not sure where it is located. We have a 40' Travel Supreme DS02 coach. Would appreciate help as my refrig is off as well and I can't get a RV repair person to call back.
Chemosavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2018, 09:20 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemosavvy View Post
It's Saturday and I think my main power solenoid went bad. The main power switch has 12v current but there's no DC power inside. I am assuming it's the Main Power solenoid. It can be temporarily bi-passed but I'm not sure where it is located. We have a 40' Travel Supreme DS02 coach. Would appreciate help as my refrig is off as well and I can't get a RV repair person to call back.
That's what they make and extension cord for. Find and plug in.

Have you checked your Inverter? on of fuse/breaker?

Have you checked the salesman switch at the door?

Need more info - year - model - what is happening - is power good ...............

Lot's more info,

Start with the simple and just move from there.
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:24 AM   #3

Flip the switch on and off, listening for it. Most times they clunk, even if not connecting.
Its somewhere near the battery cable junctions.

Even plugged in, your fridge will need 12 volt power, If its a gas/electric model.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:30 AM   #4

Spartan Chassis
Have you checked the "salesman switch" relay. That was the culprit when I lost dc power?
On our coach it is located in the small cargo compartment just behind the passenger side rear wheels. There is a small panel at the top that is hinged and will open to show the "salesman switch" relay and the emergency battery connect relay.
Once you find it have someone operate the "salesman switch" and listen for the relay to click. If you get no relay click with the "salesman switch" the relay is probably bad. Hook both wires to one terminal and you should be good to go. You can find a replacement relay at NAPA. I have replaced a couple and the next time I will buy a solid state relay to eliminate the heat problem with the analog relay.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:44 AM   #5

The solenoid is located in the compartment in front of the right rear wheel above the inverter. It's the solenoid on the right, the left solenoid is the boost that ties the chassis battery ti the coach battery. Your salesman switch is located on a panel just below the passenger seat as you walk in
mmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:47 AM   #6

Need help! Where is the main power solenoid located

Thanks for the quick responses. It is definitely the solenoid. Found it near the main power lines and bi-passed it by attaching the power wires on one pole of the solenoid. Everything is back to normal. Does anyone know the part number? It's located in the back of the compartment and my old eyes can't read the numbers. Thanks again for your input, really appreciate it.
Chemosavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:06 PM   #7

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
... Does anyone know the part number?...
Here is the NAPA part that I used. I would suggest replacing with a digital relay. The heat build up with an analog relay is murder on them.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Salesman Switch Solenoid_200 amp_NAPA_150812.pdf (139.6 KB, 87 views)
2023 F-150 Towed
Old 03-03-2018, 11:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag_ftw View Post
Here is the NAPA part that I used. I would suggest replacing with a digital relay. The heat build up with an analog relay is murder on them.
The part shown here is a starter solenoid, not what your looking for.

Your solenoid will be a continuous duty or latching solenoid.

https://www.amazon.com/INTELLITEC-01.../dp/B072N8NYN2
Attached Images

twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 06:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Thanks for the quick responses. It is definitely the solenoid. Found it near the main power lines and bi-passed it by attaching the power wires on one pole of the solenoid. Everything is back to normal. Does anyone know the part number? It's located in the back of the compartment and my old eyes can't read the numbers. Thanks again for your input, really appreciate it.
When the old eyes don't work take a picture - then enlarge and read

Selfie stick helps in tight places

Glad you found the problem.

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:50 PM   #10

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
The part shown here is a starter solenoid, not what your looking for.

Your solenoid will be a continuous duty or latching solenoid.

https://www.amazon.com/INTELLITEC-01.../dp/B072N8NYN2

Thanks for the clarification Twinboat! I should have said latching instead of solid state.

Has anyone found a latching solid state solenoid that will work in this situation?
2023 F-150 Towed

Tags
cat, need help, power, solenoid