Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2008, 07:28 AM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
If you've been to the TS Service facility, you may have run into this man, Bishop. He's planning on opening his own service facility. Please let him know of your thoughts on this.

His post reads as follows:

My Name is Bishop Christensen,
I have been a Group Leader in the Travel Supreme Service Center for the last four years. I am currently gathering information and personnel resources to create a elite quality service center here in Elkhart, IN. I am in need of investors to make this a reality. I feel that with the current condition of Travel Supreme, it would be beneficial to the current owners, and equitable to a number of investors.

After being sent all across America to repair things that dealers couldn't, I understand that dealerships aren't always an owners first choice. As for becoming a Travel Supreme expert, it can be done, but isn't there anything else that you are passionate about? As for selling out, that goes against the very reasons that most of you purchased your Travel Supreme.

I intend to provide maintenance and upgrades. We will also be an outlet for parts through a store front, shipping, and web store. We also intend to supply a subscription phone support sevice.

I have discussed all of these things with several of you owners over the years. I feel that now is the proper time to not only provide a valuable service for everyone, but create security for my family for the future.

I am looking forward to all of your comments and questions.

Sincerely,

Bishop Christensen
supremervservice@yahoo.com

Post edited at request of Bishop Christensen
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2008, 07:28 AM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
If you've been to the TS Service facility, you may have run into this man, Bishop. He's planning on opening his own service facility. Please let him know of your thoughts on this.

His post reads as follows:

My Name is Bishop Christensen,
I have been a Group Leader in the Travel Supreme Service Center for the last four years. I am currently gathering information and personnel resources to create a elite quality service center here in Elkhart, IN. I am in need of investors to make this a reality. I feel that with the current condition of Travel Supreme, it would be beneficial to the current owners, and equitable to a number of investors.

After being sent all across America to repair things that dealers couldn't, I understand that dealerships aren't always an owners first choice. As for becoming a Travel Supreme expert, it can be done, but isn't there anything else that you are passionate about? As for selling out, that goes against the very reasons that most of you purchased your Travel Supreme.

I intend to provide maintenance and upgrades. We will also be an outlet for parts through a store front, shipping, and web store. We also intend to supply a subscription phone support sevice.

I have discussed all of these things with several of you owners over the years. I feel that now is the proper time to not only provide a valuable service for everyone, but create security for my family for the future.

I am looking forward to all of your comments and questions.

Sincerely,

Bishop Christensen

Post edited at request of Bishop Christensen
Old 02-07-2008, 03:09 PM   #3

Well.............it all sounds good, however he apparently does not have the financial backing to make it work, is trying to undermine Travel Supremes efforts to reorganize and emerge from their problems and their is a very finite limit to the amount of service that one former Travel Supreme employee can provide. First, I hope that T.S. survives, IF that does not happen, good luck to this endeavor and we will certainly use his service center when and if the need arises. Just my opinion, everyone will have and are entitled to one of their own. Gene
Old 02-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #4

I think Bishop has several former TS employees working for him. His service business is open now and he is making appointments. He is also selling parts. You can reach him at

Jetjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:23 PM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

As this seems more like a recommendation than a solicitation, I will let this stand for now....

If it gets out of hand and really turns more toward a solicitation, I'll be forced to delete this topic.

As someone has mentioned, there are indeed many choices when having rigs serviced.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #6
cwg

Were I Travel Supreme owner, I would welcome any servicing alternative to have my rv repaired whether you call it a solicitation or a recommendation. Given the state of Travel Supreme, the current rv owners can use any news which might prove beneficial to them... one of the purposes of a forum as this is for the dissemination of useful information.

I know I would definitely like to know there might be a way to have quality work done by a team leader tech who has the expertise to do repairs. Travel Supreme's future success or failure to reorganize will not be undermined by this service alternative's venture.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:40 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cwg:
Were I Travel Supreme owner, I would welcome any servicing alternative to have my rv repaired whether you call it a solicitation or a recommendation. Given the state of Travel Supreme, the current rv owners can use any news which might prove beneficial to them... one of the purposes of a forum as this is for the dissemination of useful information.

I know I would definitely like to know there might be a way to have quality work done by a team leader tech who has the expertise to do repairs. Travel Supreme's future success or failure to reorganize will not be undermined by this service alternative's venture. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said! With the possible shutdown of TS, the availability of an alternate source of parts and service is vital.
Jetjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:54 AM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">One of the purposes of a forum as this is for the dissemination of useful information... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chuck, I agree with this statement, however such dissemination must fall within the guidelines of the forum, which expressly prohibit posts of a commercial nature. It's what has kept iRV2 mostly commercial and pop-up free for more than seven years.
As this is indeed a great "alternative" for troubled TS Owners, I've exercised a bit of restraint in my censorship on their behalf.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #9

Thanks Bob, I am sure no one is intentionally stretching the rules but as Travel Supreme owners we are all stressed to some extent and wondering what the next move will be. We really do appreciate this forum and the efforts you have gone to to keep it an open exchange and discussion of ideas. just m 2 cents. Gene
Old 02-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #10

Chuck,

Ditto...Thanks. We need all of the sources of information we can get and will make the effort to keep this an information forum and avoid purely commercial items.

WALT
Old 02-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
Pusherman is hooking up his own service center in NY, slabman should hook up with him. That could be a nice marrage for the 2 of them, and afford TS owners first class service. IMHO.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:08 AM   #12

Freightliner Owners Club
Hey Steve, are you suggesting I should get another career? Man, I'm trying to RETIRE from my current one so I can stay on the road and goof around. What are you, a slave driver?

But thanks for the info......
Old 02-23-2008, 02:56 AM   #13

It looks like Ronnie will be joining the "Tech Team" Bishop is forming. He is an outstanding tech with a lot of customer empathy and people skills. Heard a rumor from a Newmar friend that one or more Newmar techs may also be joining the new tech "A-Team" as Newmar also has serious sales problems.

2009 Tiffin 43 QRP
Jersyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:13 AM   #14

Hi to all TS owners Ronnie here. I have info regarding new service option for TS owners but do not want to get the boot. Does anyone know how much to be a sponsor and can said sponsor pick where it is used?