Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2020, 06:35 AM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
Obviously I have too much time on my hands

Transitioning to full time, a concern we had, was storage space especially for kitchen/pantry items. A second concern was watching TV from or couch, heads turned 90 degrees to watch.
So I converted the old TV location to a Pantry. Shelves now Paul will have an Amish carpenter duplicate our cabinet doors at next trip there.
Click image for larger version

Name:	shelves.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	350.2 KB
ID:	288572
Moved the TV across from the couch in front of the window.

Name:	TV.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	295.8 KB
ID:	288573
Didn't think we would miss the window and didn't realize the counter space was un-usable. Not a good place for the TV.

Name:	window.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	322.8 KB
ID:	288576
So replaced TV with a projector and automatic roll down screen

Name:	projector.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	272.6 KB
ID:	288577

Name:	vid pic.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	296.0 KB
ID:	288578

Daylight viewing is good and evening/night viewing is excellent

Photo above was taken mid day with some shades drawn. The "washout" in the screenshot photo is from the reflected light from the projector on the camera.

Now I have to figure out how to get power, antenna, and HDMI cables to the projector.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2020, 07:16 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss68 View Post
Transitioning to full time, a concern we had, was storage space especially for kitchen/pantry items. A second concern was watching TV from or couch, heads turned 90 degrees to watch.
So I converted the old TV location to a Pantry. Shelves now Paul will have an Amish carpenter duplicate our cabinet doors at next trip there.
Attachment 288572
Moved the TV across from the couch in front of the window.
Attachment 288573
Didn't think we would miss the window and didn't realize the counter space was un-usable. Not a good place for the TV.
Attachment 288576
So replaced TV with a projector and automatic roll down screen
Attachment 288577
Attachment 288578

Daylight viewing is good and evening/night viewing is excellent

Photo above was taken mid day with some shades drawn. The "washout" in the screenshot photo is from the reflected light from the projector on the camera.

Now I have to figure out how to get power, antenna, and HDMI cables to the projector.
Interesting - Proves how we are all so Different.

Some 17 years ago when we saw our first TS the thing that got me was the Mid Station TV - they were the only one (First one) - we still do not full time but do have a few winters in Colorado where we spent months at a time, so I have some idea on the lack of storage. When we had ours Built we added a pull out Pantry behind the TV - Thought that became standard? - adding a good deal of storage.

We tend to favor the two Big chairs in the front to watch TV, they are the Best Seats in the House (IMHO) - the co pilot has the foot rest and we added the Love seat in lieu of the Desk, we also bring a second footstool for the Driver

Then we re-desighned the desk and made it the Dining area Buffet with a Flip up table for Four (By adding the two Leaves) - Adding more storage and a eating work area - note we usually eat on Lap Plates, both on the road and at home so it is seldom flipped up.

Then we added a storage area for the Folding chairs (for the Dinning Table) and the Coffee table. (this also bumps the Sofa out just enough to cover the carpet that would always just get Dirty.

Love your mod's - good luck getting wires to the Big slide out - pretty sure it can be done ----but what a Pain - the great thing is that the TS is just still so Solid as a unit we head out in 8 days to test the Covid Environment can't wait.

Couple really old picts of some of my Mods. (sorry didn't ralize they were so Dark)

Thanks for Sharing,
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1q2xd3.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	288582   Click image for larger version

Name:	2qidbv9.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	288583  

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:02 AM   #3

American Coach Owners Club
Our dinette is in the same location as yours consisting of a table for 2 and chairs. An additional pullout table is located in the desk for 2 more diners.
Photo below is from the 4 sale listing prior to our purchase.

Name:	dinette.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	288719

I really wanted to do our dinette like yours but was vetoed by the boss.

I have to get down in the basement on the passenger side and see how the wiring and plumbing are fed into the kitchen slide then duplicate it on the driver side. For now a jury rig will have to do. Need to get back to travelling rather than projects.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss68 View Post
Our dinette is in the same location as yours consisting of a table for 2 and chairs. An additional pullout table is located in the desk for 2 more diners.
Photo below is from the 4 sale listing prior to our purchase.
Attachment 288719

I really wanted to do our dinette like yours but was vetoed by the boss.

I have to get down in the basement on the passenger side and see how the wiring and plumbing are fed into the kitchen slide then duplicate it on the driver side. For now a jury rig will have to do. Need to get back to travelling rather than projects.
We Head out in 6 days for Island Park Idaho - all the Grands and Both Son's - everyone has been very strict with the quarantine so it will be great to Finally get a Hug and spend a month together. Point is that I've completely repacked and re-outfitted the Coach for the New RV lifestyle, and Storage is so Critical.

Great sales Image - Couple of the things we selected as we had it Built - No Fireplace - More storage - Moved all the TV Boxes overhead - More storage -
Tiled the entire floor except for the slide out as that is part of the Seal - - All that and the Pull out pantry helps - But for 10 years we did a lot of Tail gates as, Son played Pro Lacrosse in Baltimore and Denver for 10 years and DW had to have so much STUFF to serve things with - not just a grill and Paper plates - - That's over so we now have some space for our stuff - Cleaned out the Under Bed storage and found - some beautiful Indian Pottery from a 2007 trip - - Kids will love it!

Long and Short Travel Supreme has proven to have Been a Great Choice - we still Love it after over 15 years.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	qxjh8w.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	288748  
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 08:37 PM   #5

Great to see the photos. A couple of both of your mods are being considered here. Both of your Coaches look great.
Azee is offline   Reply With Quote