RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-26-2020, 02:34 PM   #1

Original Main TV Removal

Thought I would share my experience in detail tv slides up out of mounting bracket top will go behind cabinet before you try to pry it upward remove bottom sound bracket it will pull forward with a little effort if not there are 2 screws one on left the other on right mine were not there you can check to see if yours are by using a mirror placed below sound bar once sound bar is removed there is a screw in those brackets held to wall and tv remove screws from wall now tv can be moved upward make sure it goes up square travel is at least 8 inches to get out of bracket if you are alone tv weights 80 to 100 lbs I used blocking the length of countertop on each side and a crowbar to start the process in the middle I had an automobile screw jack between crowbar and jack move upward make sure to stay square or tv will bind one side or other place blocking one each side as you go after traveling up more then 6 inches give a little tug now and then on bottom of tv once it clears the bracket you can move bottom outward once you are sure bracket is cleared reverse process and let tv down after going down a few inches push tv bottom back in as far as you can this will keep it in place on way down once top of tv clears bottom of upper cabinet slide left side out on your blocking till you can get a good grip on it then lift away I have a 2005 select 45 dos4
Herb51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2020, 02:44 PM   #2

How did you change the wiring to attach to the new tv?
semimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 03:44 AM   #3

tv change

i did away with all wiring except coax cable coming in
Herb51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 06:02 AM   #4

Location: Lake OZ,MO summer-RiverBend Motorcoach Resort,FL winter
FYI, if you have later model with LED TV, the bottom of the cabinet above TV is made to lift up (it is usually not attached) to make lifting the TV off the bracket simple. Just lift up and into upper cabinet. The older TV's take more effort as mentioned by herb.

Tags
removal