Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2017, 03:13 PM   #1

Spartan Chassis
Pass side bay access panel to gas & water heater & waste/water tanks

I want to open the bay access panel on the passenger side just behind the regular storage bay doors and in front of the RR dual wheels. It appears to have a full piano hinge on the top edge so I assume it swings up just like the other bay doors but is bolted shut at the bottom edge. It also has the gas space heater and water heater access and outlet panels at the front of that door which seem to be attached in some way to the door panel. Before I started to unbolt the bottom and try to swing the door up, I wanted to ask if anyone has been there and done that and could let me know if I need to do anything to the heater attachments to free them up before trying to open it.
Attached Images

calflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2017, 03:17 PM   #2

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by calflyer View Post
I want to open the bay access panel on the passenger side just behind the regular storage bay doors and in front of the RR dual wheels. It appears to have a full piano hinge on the top edge so I assume it swings up just like the other bay doors but is bolted shut at the bottom edge. It also has the gas space heater and water heater access and outlet panels at the front of that door which seem to be attached in some way to the door panel. Before I started to unbolt the bottom and try to swing the door up, I wanted to ask if anyone has been there and done that and could let me know if I need to do anything to the heater attachments to free them up before trying to open it.
Hi..
Yes I have had mine open... Just remember to take the vent covers off... Also keep track of he washers that are used as spacers on the bolts along the bottom... Easy to open..
Good luck..
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:19 AM   #3

Nor'easters Club
As Ron identified you need to remove both the furnace and water heater covers first and then the panel swings up. On mine the covers had a fair amount of RTV that I needed to remove and then reapply after I was done.
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, heat, heater, panel, tank, water, water heater