Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2014, 06:05 AM   #1

Passenger rear slide out, stuck out!

Good morning folks. I'm trying to find out if there is a way to get to the slide out motor without tearing into the ceiling of the wheel well above the tandems on the passenger side? I've have exhausted the trouble shooting list and determined that the problem is at or near the motor location. (Even ran wires directly to the motor from the batteries, and only get a "click", the direct motor wires are accessible coming through the ceiling of the wheel well)
So my question is not so much "what is wrong?" but more "how do I get to it?"
Jeff
La-Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2014, 08:44 AM   #2

Before you tear everything apart, make sure your house batteries are charged. My slideout won't work unless my house batteries have an excellent charge on them. Use a battery hydrometer to check all the cells.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full.Monte View Post
Before you tear everything apart, make sure your house batteries are charged. My slideout won't work unless my house batteries have an excellent charge on them. Use a battery hydrometer to check all the cells.
I'm plugged into shore power, batteries have a full charge, and other 3 slides working perfectly.
Again, I'm not looking for a diagnosis, but hoping someone can shed some light on how to get to the only hidden motor on the coach.
Thanks
Jeff
Old 08-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Hi Jeff,

No direct experience with the 45' model, but I think you may be removing the upper panel within the wheel well. I say this because on my rig (38') the motor and left slide track are accessible above the batteries, but the right track is only accessible by removing the sheet metal cover over the tires. IIRC the larger rigs have all that stuff above the tires leaving the only access point in the wheel well. Hopefully I'm wrong on this.

Lou
05 TS Envoy 38DS04
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by La-Z-Boy View Post
Good morning folks. I'm trying to find out if there is a way to get to the slide out motor without tearing into the ceiling of the wheel well above the tandems on the passenger side? I've have exhausted the trouble shooting list and determined that the problem is at or near the motor location. (Even ran wires directly to the motor from the batteries, and only get a "click", the direct motor wires are accessible coming through the ceiling of the wheel well)
So my question is not so much "what is wrong?" but more "how do I get to it?"
Jeff
Jeff ,
I have no idea but i am anxious to find out. You should really call Paul Conley. I have to believe someone there knows.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:58 PM   #6

not the best of news...

Talked to some of the "old hats" from TS that now work for Entegra.
Seems the best route to get to the motor is to pull off the tag, and go through the ceiling of the wheel well. Guess I will start small, and work my way to a big enough hole to work with, make my repair/replace, then close with sealed flashing material.
This could be a week of Mondays....
Old 08-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #7

Slide

Jeff. I have to agree with Dick call Paul Conley, Not saying anything bad about Entegra but before I start removing tag wheels Paul would have to first tell me that was the way to replace the motor. Sorry for your troubles and please keep us informed . Pete
Sirmowsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:03 PM   #8

I've got nothing to lose...
I'll give Paul a call in the morning, and I'll report back.
Then we should have all that we need to come up with a good plan of attack
Thanks guys!
Old 08-12-2014, 08:45 PM   #9

paul

If Paul is not in the shop tomorrow, I have his cell # that is current as of '13. If you end up needing it, text me on my cell at 3046104213 and I'll text it to you. I hate to post it on the net. He's in high demand among all TS owners. Hope you can fix it without dropping the tag.
RBowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:47 PM   #10

I talked with Paul today and he said that there should be a removable panel in the ceiling of the wheel well, that I can remove to access the slide motor. He seems almost certain that the motor is probably fine, but that the pin has probably been sheared off. I certainly hope that is all that is wrong.
However, last year I had a blowout on that side that destroyed and blew of the Fender as well as did damage to the upper ceiling of the same wheel well. My task now will be to get in touch with the repair shop and find out how they made that repair and hopefully will still be able to get access to the motor.
I'll get into it in the morning and report back.
Thanks again guys...

P.S. Paul texted me his personal cell number and told me to let him know if I need more help.
Great guy!
Old 08-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Jeff

I have a 2005 TS Select 45. We lost the rear passenger slide drive last year. Not sure if yours is like mine but the motor was located in the compartment just in front of the drive wheels. Had to remove some interior panels to see it. The motor was ok but the gearbox was striped. Disconnected the drive shaft from the gear box and was able to push the slide in by hand. Cut 2x4 to fit inside to prevent the slide from extending. Surprising the slide was easy to move in and out for the rest of the trip.
Ron
Old 08-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #12

I have located and disconnected the motor from the slide shafts.
I went ahead and put power to the motor just to check and it still will not turn. Paul is checking on a new motor and gear assembly for me.
First pic is of the assembly as it is mounted in the ceiling of the wheel well.
Other pics are after I disconnected the shafts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1408036715611.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	70779   Click image for larger version

Name:	1408036805886.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	70780  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1408036821361.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	70781  
Old 08-14-2014, 01:36 PM   #13

Slide

Still fantastic that you didn't have to drop the tag axle. Hope the motor can be shipped soon. At least you can manually close the slide and reattach the broken motor to hold the slide in place so you can drive it in the meantime if needed.
RBowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:09 PM   #14

Nor'easters Club
Jeff,

Do you know if it's the motor or are the gears locked up? A small DC motor could be repaired/rewound easily by a motor shop for a lot less than what those motor/gearboxes sell for. Just a thought.

Lou
05 TS Envoy 38DS04
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out