Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2020, 03:13 PM   #1

Progressive Industries EMS Installation

I just purchased a PI Surge protector and I want to see if I can get some advice from folks who installed it themselves and was wondering if those that did install one themselves if they can share some pictures of where exactly you installed yours. You can see from my signature that there are some folks that have the same coach as I and can provide some of your DIY installs so I can choose that right location for mine.

I purchased the EMS-HW50C and as you can see from the attached picture that there isn’t really enough room however, it is doable. Thanks in advance for the responses.Click image for larger version

Name:	237A1FD7-1E4E-4A8D-889D-E82FCC3694CD.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	274052
2017 Chevy Equinox w/Blue Ox & Air Force 1
Bodean56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2020, 09:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodean56 View Post
I want to see if I can get some advice from folks who installed it themselves and was wondering if those that did install one themselves if they can share some pictures of where exactly you installed yours.
Different coach than yours but here's the DIY pic's you asked for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	274082   Click image for larger version

Name:	progressive-surge-guard.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	274083  

marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:30 PM   #3

Again, not the same coach but anywhere you can fit it and get your wires in and out of the box. Hard to tell but it looks like it would fit above or below the transfer switch, I am guessing that the wire runs out of the cord reel and into the transfer switch, leave enough wire to let you have the EMS out forward to wire it and then tuck it in and fasten down. On mine I had plenty of room to just mount it on the side wall next to the reel.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	093D9CCC-BBE6-45AB-A7DA-BE8834D4796B.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	299.0 KB
ID:	274086  
BMGM37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:27 AM   #4

Spartan Chassis
Jeff,
About the same time I decided to install a Hughes Autoformer my power cord reel died. I removed the power cord reel and installed the autoformer on the bottom of the compartment in the back. I am in the process of creating a shelf above the autoformer where I will manually stow my electrical cord plus my 50' extension.

On the floor under the shelf and in front of the autoformer I have room for all my 'dogbones' plus other 'stuff'.

It was a conscious decision I had to make to give up the 'cool factor', of a powered cord reel to gain extra storage. (DW tells me I am not very cool these days anyway!)

I'll try to get a photo later.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:40 PM   #5

Angry

Just arrived here in Texas to visit our kids/grandkids and haven’t been able to test my install until yesterday when we arrived at our CG. I think after installing this myself and it working flawlessly I’m thinking about becoming an electrician “NOT”. Here is where I eventually decided to mount mine and I’m sure glad I decided to purchase this surge protector for the peace of mind. Sorry, haven’t figured out how to rotate the photo. Thank You so much for your pictures and advice. We’re so lucky to have this forum to acquire sound advice.

Name:	50E5B883-059E-4E76-BF02-B591AFB44C2D.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	336.7 KB
ID:	275139
2017 Chevy Equinox w/Blue Ox & Air Force 1
Bodean56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, install