Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #1

Shower water pressure

New to this forum but have owned a 2003 TS Select 45' for 1 1/2 years. When we are on water pump, the shower barely produces water. Anybody have a suggestion. I think I've determined a problem with both hot & cold.
tpclvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #2

check your screen in the head of the shower
turbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #3

Thanks, I did replace the vacuum breaker and the hose and shower head are free of obstruction. The valve and galvanized riser have also been replaced.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #4

Many posibilities. The original water pump is often inadequate, Surflo makes a few pumps in the 400 and 500 series which will supply increased pressure. The shower head holes can become clogged with calcium and other mineral deposits. Try removing the head altogether and see how the flow looks. If needed, replace the head, or soak it in mineral dissolving solution. The show valve can become blocked by a wearing O ring. My Moen valve began to fail, a call to Moen resulted in a free new valve stem and a special plastic tool to remove and replace the stem. The O ring had slipped in my case and no water was getting through to the head.
Hope you find the culprit.
Happy Trails.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If u have good flow & pressure @ kitchen & bath sinks, then there is an obstruction in the shower section, either the piping, mixing valve, or shower head. If low pressure everywhere then check output of pump &/or obstructions @ pump piping!!!!
logansrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
So what about the pressure in the other faucets? Is it ok or similarly restricted? In other words is your pump pumping?

Is the valve in the wet bay set correctly or is water being diverted around the pump?

On some units I have heard folks comment about this happening when the outside shower is on? Could that be it? I don't understand it just have read the comments.

When you replaced the valve did you try the pressure to see if it had pressure before the valve? If so then it has to be forward of that?

Where is the closest place to the shower that you have pressure if the pump is working? Move forward from that point.

When I have had similar problems I just begin at one end and start checking along the route of water flow and eventually you will find something. Me? I would start with the pump and follow the lines as best I could. If the pump does not work correctly then go backward.

Good luck and by the way I'll bet this is something very simple.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #7

When on "city water" with adequate pressure we have no problem in shower so I conclude there are no obstructions in screens. I have also considered water filter for incoming city water.

So what about the pressure in the other faucets? Is it ok or similarly restricted? In other words is your pump pumping? Faucets in kitchen and 2 bath sinks have good flow, however, they too seem to lack pressure.

Is the valve in the wet bay set correctly
I have checked and the stack appears to be correct.

is water being diverted around the pump?
I do not believe so, the pump is a 3.8 gph replacement for the oem which failed.

On some units I have heard folks comment about this happening when the outside shower is on? Could that be it? NO I don't understand it just have read the comments.

When you replaced the valve did you try the pressure to see if it had pressure before the valve? If so then it has to be forward of that?

Good luck and by the way I'll bet this is something very simple. I agree this has to be simple like air sucking into a line but I can't find it.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #8

Might try soaking the shower head in vinger for 6 hours or longer to clear out build up in head. We do this once a year and the head has a stronger flow after we use the vinger to clean shower head.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
CLR or Lime Away disperse mineral build up on contact, I use it and it takes a few minutes, more expensive than vinegar (is time money any more, I'm retired).

I think your pump has a screen on the outflow as I recall my replacement did? It could be the culprit.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Did u replace the pump, or previous owner????? If so did u replace with pump of same ratings & capacity as OEM???
Is there some crud on the suction hose of the pump, ie: plugged suction screen in tank???? Are all clamps & fittings tight on suction or discharge side of pump????
logansrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
I have not been pleased with the original equipment shower head. I did not like the water pressure. I replaced the shower head with a oxygenics and that solved the problem.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #12

Shower head

Good ideas from all. I will go to work and research again for cause. Thank you.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #13

Smile

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Here's the answer: After checking nearly every accessible inch of line I could, in a Travel Supreme the pump has adjustable pressure. Remove chrome cap and turn screw > to increase and turn < to lessen.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #14

Three words.
Oxygenics shower head.

Tags
shower, water