Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2020, 09:27 PM   #1

Spartan Chassis
Slide-out racks worn

Does anyone know where I can get the slide-out racks for a 2005 TS 41 ME? The left side couch/dinette slide racks have worn at the ends of travel to where it is starting to skip a hole upon coming to a stop. I have the controller turned down and help by lifting and pushing to bring in.

After looking online and not finding any with the holes, I figured I better ask the community. There might be some others who have had to deal with this problem before. Have not looked to hard at how I am going to be able to fix this yet, but imagine there is a fair amount of work involved.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Truls
Truls is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2020, 12:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truls View Post
Does anyone know where I can get the slide-out racks for a 2005 TS 41 ME? The left side couch/dinette slide racks have worn at the ends of travel to where it is starting to skip a hole upon coming to a stop. I have the controller turned down and help by lifting and pushing to bring in.

After looking online and not finding any with the holes, I figured I better ask the community. There might be some others who have had to deal with this problem before. Have not looked to hard at how I am going to be able to fix this yet, but imagine there is a fair amount of work involved.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Truls
it seems in my research on this site someone said Ts used Newmar slide outs try that and see if they look same
Herb51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 02:24 PM   #3

Spartan Chassis
Thanks, yes they seem the same as the Newmar style. That gives me a starting point.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:47 PM   #4

Spartan Chassis
Paul Conley, the Travel Supreme guru, hangs out on the Travel Supreme Facebook page. He would know where to get them and how hard they are to replace.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 03:01 PM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Fab shop, or. Body shop , fill holes and re size.
Drvr77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 09:32 PM   #6

Spartan Chassis
Talked with Paul Conley (574-862-6778) [paul@rvservicebypaul.com] and he indicated he had replaced slide racks before. That's who I would contact!
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:16 PM   #7

Spartan Chassis
Thanks for all the feed back. I have been wanting to make a trip over to see Paul, but don't know when we'll have time. I was also wondering about filling in the holes, or cutting out a section and welding in a new one.

If I could get a hold of a section of rack, welding in a section or two should not be that big of a deal.

Thanks again,

Truls
Old 02-04-2020, 01:25 PM   #8

slide rails

I had an issue with mine as well. the problem ended up being the motor shaft connection to the square shaft. it had elongated itself to not drive properly on the star wheels. Had to redo it on the road and all is fine now. I looked at the kitchen slide and the same thing is happening.
farmer 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:12 PM   #9

Spartan Chassis
Now that Farmer pointed that out, I see a similar problem with mine. The motor is closer to the forward side of the long slide and there is a lag on the aft end of the slide. So, as it comes to a stop, there is more force applied on the forward end.

Farmer, did you replace the square tube? I was able to overcome the problem with some adjustments, but there is wear in the rack holes at each end of the forward rack.

Thanks for bringing this issue up, as it now makes sense to me.

Truls
Old 02-23-2020, 08:24 PM   #10

Spartan Chassis
Problem fixed

Finally at the end of this debacle, or at least I hope so. After Farmer mentioned the uneven pull/push I dismantled the panel in the sewage/water compartment to get to the aft slide ball gear for the aft rack. Turned out one of the mounts had a broken weld, and it was just hanging. This is what caused the delay on the aft side and uneven force applied on the slide out.

It is very hard to work on this aft mounting in an ME, at least ours. To fix as it was would be very hard, and it is a bad design anyways. I modified it some and now feel that it should hold up. I am very happy not to have started a fire after welding in close quarters like that, overhead none the less.

Have run the slide in and out a number of times and have been able to turn down the potentiometer quite a bit. I had to help it get over the hump before when bringing it in, but now it is smooth turned down a quarter turn.

Just wanted to thank everyone that contributed and update on the fix.

Truls

Tags
slide