Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2020, 08:03 AM   #1

Slide Toppers Fabric Replacement

I wanted to share my experience with replacing my old degraded fabric on 3 of my slide toppers. First off, I was about to pull the trigger on purchasing new slide toppers from a well respected company on this forum and my DW suggested for me to look around and see if I couldn’t purchase the fabric elsewhere. Well I took her advice and located the fabric on you guessed it Amazon. Solera Universal Slide Topper... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSM26L0...p_mob_ap_share

It came in a roll of 51’ and in 2 colors black or white. I had my son help me install them yesterday and was quite surprised on just how easy it was with 2 people to install them. It certainly paid to listen to my DW and now she takes full credit in saving us hundreds of dollars. I actually have enough fabric to replace them a second time if needed. One of the best DIY projects I’ve done thus far.
2017 Chevy Equinox w/Blue Ox & Air Force 1
Bodean56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2020, 08:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodean56 View Post
I wanted to share my experience with replacing my old degraded fabric on 3 of my slide toppers. First off, I was about to pull the trigger on purchasing new slide toppers from a well respected company on this forum and my DW suggested for me to look around and see if I couldn’t purchase the fabric elsewhere. Well I took her advice and located the fabric on you guessed it Amazon. Solera Universal Slide Topper... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSM26L0...p_mob_ap_share

It came in a roll of 51’ and in 2 colors black or white. I had my son help me install them yesterday and was quite surprised on just how easy it was with 2 people to install them. It certainly paid to listen to my DW and now she takes full credit in saving us hundreds of dollars. I actually have enough fabric to replace them a second time if needed. One of the best DIY projects I’ve done thus far.
We know you have Links and Pictures - - - if you could include them it would be Great.

Even if only the finished product.

Thanks,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:27 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
What brand toppers came on yours and did you have to completely remove them for the replacement?
kwittintime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 11:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
We know you have Links and Pictures - - - if you could include them it would be Great.

Even if only the finished product.

Thanks,
Your absolutely right Busskipper I had a senior moment. Here are a couple pics of the final installment. I’m assuming that the toppers I took off were the originals and don’t know the brand name of the fabric but I do know the material was a canvas type of material. I decided to install the vinyl material for easier cleaning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5C34E260-42F6-40A2-B499-EBF2EDBE2E68.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	289486   Click image for larger version

Name:	AE4B9A0A-3981-4CFF-860F-D504DA4BDA3D.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	271.7 KB
ID:	289487  

Old 06-16-2020, 09:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwittintime View Post
What brand toppers came on yours and did you have to completely remove them for the replacement?
My slide toppers are manufactured by Carefree of Colorado and I watched this YouTube video https://youtu.be/iF5IhGQuQm0 which was very helpful in the installation of the new fabric. I DID NOT remove the bolt from the end of the roller tube because you would end up loosing all the roller tension. The main take away from the video was drilling a slot at the end of the roller tube so that the old fabric can be removed and new fabric re-installed right through the slot you drilled just like in the video. Hope this helps and good luck.

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, slide