Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2022, 06:23 PM   #1

Spartan Chassis
Slides

Hi all..
Trying to settle in and unload all of my stuff after our winter in Arizona and my harrowing drive home through the winds and fires of New Mexico and Colorado!
I was hoping to be able to get my coach back east this year to Paul's for some mostly cosmetic stuff. After all it is an 04 and beginning to show her age! But hell I really am.. And my back really feels it.. But with $5+ a gallon fuel and having to go out and drop it off and go back and get her a few weeks later.. Well.. I don't think it's in the cards this year.
But something I feel really needs some attention is the slide adjustments.. Or possibly some repairs.. Paul fixed one of the bedroom slides a number of years ago when he was at precision (that is what made me believe in his knowledge and honesty) in a matter of less than a hour or so.. The one I am really concerned bout is the main Salon/galley slide on the Passenger side..
If anyone has knowledge of the adjustments or the construction of the mechanism I would appreciate contact info so we could talk... It is beginning to scrape when extended on the tile and pulling quite hard at the cabinetry there. I have moved the roller adjustment as far down as I am able under the drawers at the rear of the slide.
Thanks in advance for any insight!
Ron Husak
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2022, 07:30 PM   #2

Spartan Chassis
Are you extending/retracting on air or on the jacks? Mine does the same thing if I try to operate on the jacks. I have to be on air before it doesn't drag on the kitchen tile.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:12 PM   #3

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rag_ftw View Post
Are you extending/retracting on air or on the jacks? Mine does the same thing if I try to operate on the jacks. I have to be on air before it doesn't drag on the kitchen tile.
Hi..
I have tried it every way.. On the air bags, on jacks all possible ways.. It does the same... think (Guess) that the roller or it's mount is collapsing.. As I had mentioned.. I cranked the adjustment all the way down and it hasn't helped!
I thing (Again guessing) that the roller or it's mounting stuff is on it's way out..
Thanks for the response..
Ron
Old 05-12-2022, 08:16 PM   #4

Spartan Chassis
I have an appointment with Paul in June and will ask about it for you. I seem to recall he has fixed that in the past.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:26 PM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rag_ftw View Post
I have an appointment with Paul in June and will ask about it for you. I seem to recall he has fixed that in the past.
Man.. That would be great! Maybe he would be willing to call me and we could talk! He is a very busy guy...
Thanks for the offer..
Ron
Old 05-23-2022, 01:07 PM   #6

American Coach Owners Club
Go to this thread

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f274/kit...ng-495000.html

And look at the photos in post 21. They are a view under the slide exterior (extended)

I had jacked the corner of the slide up and placed a Delrin sheet on the bottom of the slide above the roller and screwed it to the bottom of the slide.
The effect was to raise the slide 1/4" on that end. This can be done on either or both ends.

If you pull back the slide seal you can see the rollers are supported on one or several shims that appear to be scrap pieces of paneling. In my case they were crushed.

If you do this check the gap at the top (exterior) of your slide and make sure that whatever thickness of Delrin you use will not keep your slide from fully coming in.

Alternatively while jacked up you could replace or augment the shims under the roller but I couldn't figure out how to unbolt the rollers while the slide was in place.

Tags
slide