Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #1

Slides. Do I level before or after?

I have read conflicting opinions on this. When I pull in to park, do I let the slides out before I level the coach, or after? Longtime coach owner but first time with slides.
2006 TSS 45'
Jdaniel2509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #2

I have not had the RV that long but on my first few trips, it seems to work out when I level first then put out the slides. I could be wrong but I am only doing what others had told me.
binspector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #3

Jdaniel,

According to the information I have, you Level the Coach First then you put the slides out. Otherwise you run the risk of torquing the frame.

Drew
OldHatt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #4

you have to level first, because simply ,there is no rollers or support on the side of the slides, and they can move to the side that is downhill crushing the sealing system. ask me how I know.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Definitely level first and then extend the slides. We you are packing up do the reverse. Slides in and then retract the jacks. If you have a DP, dump the air bags before leveling. When getting ready to leave retract the slides, air up the bags and then retract the jacks.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Thumbs up

They are all correct
Old 08-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
My understanding with air bags on a DP you want them full when you push out or bring in the slides, so the bag doesn't rupture.

I push the slides out let the air out and level.
Leaving start DP air up bring slides in retract jacks.

Just my understanding.
Okrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #8

Hello read your manual. I have a Beaver Patroit Thunder which states slides should be put out in travel mode as well as put back in travel mode.I level after slides are out.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdaniel2509 View Post
I have read conflicting opinions on this. When I pull in to park, do I let the slides out before I level the coach, or after? Longtime coach owner but first time with slides.
2006 TSS 45'
Always try to do whatever the manufacturer of you coach recommends for your particular coach.
IMO whatever method others use is just that ... a method that others use, (and nothing more).
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel stuplich View Post
Always try to do whatever the manufacturer of you coach recommends for your particular coach.
IMO whatever method others use is just that ... a method that others use, (and nothing more).
Exactly. Air ride, jacks or airbags always follow manufacturer instructions. Class A coach with out airbags is a different animal from a top of the line DP with air bags.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #11

This is what I ran across on other forums. Everybody was doing it differently. Since Travel Supreme is no longer in business, I have no one to call. Mine as the air level and hydraulic level.
Mine is Travel Supreme Select 45' 2006
Jdaniel2509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdaniel2509 View Post
This is what I ran across on other forums. Everybody was doing it differently. Since Travel Supreme is no longer in business, I have no one to call. Mine as the air level and hydraulic level.
Mine is Travel Supreme Select 45' 2006
Jdaniel
No manual?
Have you looked for a manual online?
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Slide deployment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Guy View Post
Hello read your manual. I have a Beaver Patroit Thunder which states slides should be put out in travel mode as well as put back in travel mode.I level after slides are out.
It's a read your manual answer apparently, my manual says,

"CAUTION:
The motorhome must be supported by the suspension whether extending or retracting any slide room. Do not operate the slideout room when supported by hydraulic jacks. Damage to the slideout room, mechanism or seals can occur."

So its a model by model case I guess.
Mike & Karen. 2012 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34 SBD, Toad is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, Copperhead Pearl . Blue Ox base plate with Roadmaster Nighthawk towbar with RVibrake2 Auxiliary Braking System and EEZTIRE TPMS. CHF, rear track bar and Safe T Steer. FMCA Member.
SmokyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #14

Location: Lake OZ,MO summer-RiverBend Motorcoach Resort,FL winter
Up on air in my books, whether going in or out. I have forgotten once when on jacks and large living room slide "popped" in as soon as I moved.

Tags
slide