Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2017, 10:17 AM   #1

Slides will not function, where is road relay?

2003 TS Select 45. All four slides have no power to the push buttons. I feel there is a relay that drops out when the ignition switch is turned off thereby turning on the slide power. The Slide out fuse is good in the compartment under the driver. Is there another fuse? Where is the relay? I cannot find a relay labeled slides or road relay.
What have others done when the slides will not work? I have owned this coach for ten years, and am very familiar with most systems, but this one I have spent several hours trying to chase down the problem and am thinking about jumping power to the switches at the controllers.
Can anyone offer a cure for this problem?
Thank you,
PS. I have been lurking for ten years, this is my first post. I have searched through IRV2 forums several times for this issue.
JimGraley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #2

Fascinating! Like your idea of a relay re the ignition, but have no clue about one.

My 06 Select with 4 slides has a 12 volt fuse panel upstairs in the back beside two 110v circuit breaker panels. The 12v has about 20 house circuits, including the front curbside slide and the rear curbside slide...but not either of the roadside slides!

In the fuse compartment under the driver, one of the 3 add-on panels has fuses for each of the 4 slides.

One of those panels is labeled Ignition, and it has a fuse for SO Kill. That could be your problem.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:09 PM   #3

Dead slides

I have a 2006 45TSS and there is a fuse in the compartment below the driver that is labeled "slide disable " or something like that. Puling that fuse allows the slides to work anytime disabling the ignition lock.

Good luck -
hwbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:10 PM   #4

Dead slides

Just went to the coach and looked the fuse is labeled "slide kill"
Old 12-17-2017, 04:12 PM   #5

slides dead

Pull that fuse labeled slide out and see what happens
Old 12-18-2017, 07:12 AM   #6

I will work on it today.

I will give you guys an update this evening. Luckily, my slides are in, this could be a major problem if stuck out at a campground.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:46 AM   #7

Update on slides

This may seem redundant, but the power for the push buttons for the slides come from the controllers. The fuses are located in two places. One set of four is in the bedroom panel which were all good. The second set is located in the bay with the controllers way back on the left wall next to the booster solenoid. All four were blown. I had my coach in a shop for some body repair and during that time the batteries may have become low on voltage and perhaps they tried to operate them with the low voltage which I think would have increased the current enough to blow the fuses. Who knows.
Thanks for the ideas and input.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:23 AM   #8

We recently had a problem with the electric slideouts. Ended up turning on the GEN, run a 5-7 min before you try the slideout buttons again. We figured out the park amperage was insufficient at that moment, but GEN took care of it. Who would think 50-amp svc was unreliable. .no issue until we were getting ready to leave!
mccaulam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:55 PM   #9

I had an issue with both my drivers side living room and bedroom slides not wanting to come in. It turns out that by pulling out the 5 amp fuse (Which wasn’t blown) in the fuse compartment just in front of the drivers side wheel and reinserting it fixed the problem for the short term. It happened again the next time we went to an RV Resort and I couldn’t get the slides to open. I took the fuse out again and happen to notice that there was a slight film built up on the contacts of the fuse so I simply cleaned them for better contact and haven’t had this issue since.
Bodean56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide