Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-23-2021, 03:49 PM   #1

Steps will not slide out. 2007 TS Select

My steps are retracted, and they will not deploy.
I’ve cleaned the ground and checked all the fuses that are in the left outside electrical box under the drivers seat.

I have power to the switch y the door

The motor does not make any noise.
Stacy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2021, 07:10 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Kwikee steps? Check for power at the red wire at the connector at the step assembly. Make sure you are clear of the step mechanism, in case it decides to move.
Old 08-23-2021, 07:23 PM   #3

Check the green ground wire, they get loose
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:23 AM   #4

Location: Lake OZ,MO summer-RiverBend Motorcoach Resort,FL winter
If they are slide out steps (HD drawer slides), they are SCS Frigette, aka Motorcoach Steps Inc. You can get parts (motor, gear, module, etc.) from Lippert. I just rebuilt mine with new slides, motor, control module, and gear. You can buy the slides cheaper than lippert sells them for from a cabinet supply that sells KV slides that fit perfect.
You can get a automobile window operator motor from auto parts that will work but you have to wire direct or change to plug to match the step control module plug.
The wiring for the steps is under the passenger armrest along with the keyless entry module and alarm, both discontinued (SCS Frigette).

I just replaced my keyless entry system with Essex KE1701 and a reversing relay module to operate the door lock.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:22 AM   #5

The controller is bad. I ordered a new one.

The steps have “made by SCS” on them.

Justaroamer, you hit the nail on the head.
Old 11-12-2021, 10:42 AM   #6

So, after getting the new controller installed, it still does not work. With Lippert on the phone, we did a few checks, and Lippert said the new controller is bad.
Soooo, they sent us another controller and we installed it. But, it still does not work. Soooo, I either got a second bad controller or the Lippert guy is wrong.
When I and a mechanic friend of mine get time, we will fiddle with it again.

To get the step in and out on our September vacation, we bypassed the controller and we used alligator clips to run the steps in or out.
Old 11-12-2021, 11:05 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Here may be some helpful info about those steps, and what others have done to fix them.
https://www.monacoers.org/topic/158-scs-frigette-steps/
https://www.google.com/search?q=scs%...client=gws-wiz
Old 11-12-2021, 04:39 PM   #8

Location: Lake OZ,MO summer-RiverBend Motorcoach Resort,FL winter
Hello Missouri friend, wish I was in MO, you could bring it to me.

I would do this next:
There should be a step fuse in the house fuse panel, mine is in the bedroom closet.

There is also a step sensor fuse in the one of the three chassis panels in the outside electric compartment under driver.

Check both of these fuses, they are both labeled. Just replace fuses or at least check.
Also remove the step switch next to the door by passenger seat and test for proper continuity and operation.

Clean the contacts on the hinge side of the door frame and the door respectfully. Are the contact on the door side moving in and out freely? These contacts may need a light rub with fine emery cloth.

Try this and get back to me.

Tags
2007, slide, slide out, steps