Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2020, 10:07 AM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
The Paul's experience

Finally my water bay was completely rebuilt and headed for Paul's for my windshield hoop.

Had the water bay done at a shop in Mobile rather than at Paul's as I was 1 speed bump away from everything falling out.

No problems getting campsites between Mobile and Wakarusa, traffic and business in AL, TN,KY, and IN appear to be returning to normal function and volumes (except restaurants).

I had made my appointment at Paul's about 6 months in advance and based on experience at other service centers expected several days after arrival before he could start. Scheduled a week in a local motel.

Got in and parked late Sunday and met with Paul early Monday AM. In addition to the windshield hoop I had 4 minor problems I hoped he could get fixed while here.

Asked him when it might be done and he said 3 days. They started Monday and Finished Tuesday afternoon, 2 DAYS. AWESOME.
Wish he was located near my home base.

Friendly, efficient, prompt and does what he says. Can't say enough nice about him and his crew.

After slightly less than 2 years of ownership the windshield hoop and 4 other items were the last of the known and unknown issues to be resolved on our TS.

Next major stop on this journey is the Spartan Academy in June.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2020, 11:03 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Where is the Paul guy?
Old 05-13-2020, 12:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizerEd View Post
Where is the Paul guy?
Wakarusa Indiana.

He and several of his associates are ex Travel Supreme Employees and he specializes in these coaches.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:58 PM   #4

Someone in the distant past posted about wanting to replace the old square bus headlights with the new style round HD lights. Paul is making a kit to do just that. Bolt in replacement.

He is also making roof inserts (rails whatever you call them) that go down the sides of the roof, contain the awning, and along with the headlights it will make your old bus look like a 2008 model.

Lots of innovations going on there to modernize these old birds.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:25 PM   #5

Spartan Chassis
WOW! Two days to do the windshield hoop install! That's pretty impressive!

Glad to hear he is still providing good customer service and quality workmanship. He did some work for me in 2015 at his old place and I was very happy with the results.

Sounds like it is time to set back, have a cold one, and enjoy that beast for awhile!
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:36 AM   #6

The Paul's experience

Airboss68

He is worth his weight in gold!

In 2018, I took my TSS in for hoop and X-bracing and left it for a week. Had to fly back to Dallas to work. Told him I'd be back the following Friday. Got a call Thurs morning and he said I was done! Three days for all that! Of course, I couldn't fly back until late Friday afternoon.

Paul also arranged for a lady to drive me to and from South Bend airport for my flight back to Dallas and return. He takes care of his customers.

Like you, I wish he was closer.

Ray
texasrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:56 PM   #7

Airboss68, what did you do to the water compartment? I am thinking of doing it myself. Thanks for any info. Larry
larry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 05:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry3 View Post
Airboss68, what did you do to the water compartment? I am thinking of doing it myself. Thanks for any info. Larry
Essentially had the whole wetbay gutted and removed then rebuilt starting with new steel framework.

Look here starting at post 27

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f274/poo...ng-483847.html
Old 09-01-2020, 08:38 PM   #9

We had a great experience with Paul's also. Good shop.
WJ55 is offline   Reply With Quote