Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2014, 12:56 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack613 View Post
We have a 2007 TS ME with a 2008 Smart Car in the "trunk". Love it! We are new to RVing and this is our first coach. Start big. Steep learning curve, but great fun
Congrats jack613! (Mod Edit) Check back in occasionally and let us know your long term thoughts on the TS with trunk.

I am envious. The wife and I (mostly me) got so tired of trying to find the right toy hauler (and flying all over the country looking) that I just bought a 5th wheel to tie us over. I am still missing the utility of bringing the toys....
Mammalian04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2014, 10:13 PM   #16

We have now had the 2007 TS ME (with a smart car in the trunk) for a while. Just did a 6000 mi loop to the Midwest and back to SoCal. Still a steep learning curve but more comfortable with the coach.
Our rv was beautifully maintained by the prior owner, but came with few manuals and very little instruction. We were complete neophytes and are the thankful to all of you for your candor and insights.
We drove 3 legs ( not consecutive) with the air ride under or uninflated. Rough! Nasty! Screaming "co-pilot" very disconcerting. Did some cosmetic damage to the Smart Car with all the bouncing.
Now the query:
Is there a defined procedure for arrival and departure for the TS. eg: gen on , jacks down, slides out etc. I find our departure procedure is in conflict with some things we have read. I use "jacks up, car in and secured, engine on, watch air ride inflation closely, slides in, disconnect all, antenna down, walk around to check door security and depart. Please comment.
I initially joined this forum as NG (new guy) [Mod Edited] a call sign I acquired years ago. Some one took offense and gave me a new name. I apologize to anyone who might have been offended.
jack613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:16 AM   #17

Nor'easters Club
[Mod edit] I too have read conflicting info on the setup/breakdown sequence and have found if the rig is not level, the gap along the slide becomes uneven when they move and the motors are working pretty hard dragging the slides "uphill." In order to avoid this I do the following:

SETUP
- Secure engine
- Push auto level, which deflates the airbags and levels the coach
- Extend slides and hook up shore power (Usually my wife has all four slides out before I even get the shore power connected)
- Hook up the remaining utilities as my wife sets up the interior (and vacuums even though it doesn't need it)
- pour a cocktail

BREAKDOWN
- Set down my cocktail (only kidding................well kinda)
- Disconnect utilities (sometimes I leave shore power on)
- Auto-retract the jacks
- Remove power if not already done
- Start engine and wait for air bags to inflate
- Perform walk around and then hit the road

I never use my generator and my batteries have sufficient capacity to setup/breakdown without an additional power source. Also, since I don't have a toy hauler I can't speak from experience, but logically I would think the best time to move the car would be when the rig is the most stable, which to me means on the jacks. Good luck with your TS.

Lou
05 TS Envoy 38DS04
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #18

Lou, just wondering, most of us, including me, start engine and wait for air bags to inflate then auto retract the jacks when breaking down.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #19

Nor'easters Club
I tried that once, but my air bags wouldn't inflate until all the jacks were retracted. I "assumed" the dump valve wouldn't reset until the jacks were fully retracted. I'll try it again when we break camp later this week.

Lou
05 TS Envoy 38DS04
Old 06-17-2015, 06:54 PM   #20

travel supreme me beware

We have a 2007 ts me and love it, just remember the engine will go 100k or more, the chassis and other parts will not.
100k is the general life of an rv before major repairs will be needed !
RT 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:04 PM   #21

I'm like Lou & start the engine as the last step. Do a once around inspection while the coach is airing up then leave.
2013 Newell #1472
2006 Travel Supreme Select
Dale F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:48 PM   #22

We have a 2007 ts me and love it, just remember the engine will go 100k or more, the chassis and other parts will not.
100k is the general life of an rv before major repairs will be needed !

@RT41

In your opinion, what are the things that need to be replaced?monitored?inspected? at this 100k mark?

I am looking at purchasing an 05 with close to 100k on it and would love your insight on a shakedown of the coach and what to pay close attention to?

I have owned rvs and have a fairly solid shakedown list but this is a new world with the garage and hydraulics and the like.....

TIA
Cameron
Jeepincam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:31 AM   #23

things to look for on a ts me

check the suspension boots in the front they tend to ware out
in the garage check your plastic hydraulic canister left side it can crack with age and leak also if you get a "stop engine" warning on your dash most likely its the sensor in the radiator caught tank they do go bad
the hydraulic locking pins for the floor leak with time they are easy to rebuild
your garage floor may start to creep back you do not want this to happen as it will push the back cap off the couch I drilled a hole through the diamond plate and rail and put a pin through it that works great
finally if you have a nevercool refrigerator and it never gets cool don't get rid of it instead replace the refrigeration unit with an amish kit mine is so cool that I can freeze ice cream in the lower compartment if I wanted to
best of luck
Rt41
RT 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:03 AM   #24

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_lou View Post
I tried that once, but my air bags wouldn't inflate until all the jacks were retracted. I "assumed" the dump valve wouldn't reset until the jacks were fully retracted. I'll try it again when we break camp later this week.

Lou
05 TS Envoy 38DS04
Lou..
Mine will build pressure but not inflate bags.. I think tat is how it is supposed to work..
We are in Santa Fe on our way home from Arizona.. Crazy times..This park (Santa Fe Skies) here in Santa Fe is only allowed to allow 25% capacity... And very strict restroom rules.. Showers only used once before cleaning etc...
How is the House coming?
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:18 AM   #25

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhusak View Post
Lou..
... How is the House coming?
Ron

bob g
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 07:53 AM   #26

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rag_ftw View Post

bob g
We are finally making progress !!! We were able to sell our house in CT and closed on Feb 12th, just weeks before all this craziness began. I can't imagine trying to sell and show a house today. We relocated the RV (our new home) to a seasonal site last Sunday and will be moving in tomorrow (Wed 4/29). The campground is only 5 miles from our site so I'll have an easy daily commute to my "job."

We pulled all our permits, cleared the remaining trees and will start digging the foundation tomorrow. Still in shock at the cost of new construction, but at least we will get exactly what we want. We are building in the Lakes Region of NH and area is booming with new construction.

This has been a long time coming so we are pretty excited. I don't want to hijack this post so I'll start a new one and be sure to post some pics once things get rolling.

Thx for asking.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:34 AM   #27

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_lou View Post
We are finally making progress !!! We were able to sell our house in CT and closed on Feb 12th, just weeks before all this craziness began. I can't imagine trying to sell and show a house today. We relocated the RV (our new home) to a seasonal site last Sunday and will be moving in tomorrow (Wed 4/29). The campground is only 5 miles from our site so I'll have an easy daily commute to my "job."

We pulled all our permits, cleared the remaining trees and will start digging the foundation tomorrow. Still in shock at the cost of new construction, but at least we will get exactly what we want. We are building in the Lakes Region of NH and area is booming with new construction.

This has been a long time coming so we are pretty excited. I don't want to hijack this post so I'll start a new one and be sure to post some pics once things get rolling.

Thx for asking.
Lou..
Great to hear... Are you building now during all this stuff?
I hope it turns out just as you pictured!
We are in Santa Fe on our way home from Arizona..
Hope things have loosened up some at home..
Ron Husak
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 08:55 AM   #28

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhusak View Post
Lou..
Great to hear... Are you building now during all this stuff?
I hope it turns out just as you pictured!
We are in Santa Fe on our way home from Arizona..
Hope things have loosened up some at home..
Ron Husak
Construction doesn't appear to be an issue (right now), probably due to the low number of cases in the area. The southern towns near Boston are the hot spots. The concerns are what will happen when the tourist travel up from the south. The governor is taking some heat to close the campgrounds, which hasn't happened yet. I'm hoping if that does happen the seasonal sites will be OK, esp. since we are already residents of the state. If we are forced out, I can live on our property, but will need to get my septic system in fast.

Tags
travel, travel supreme