Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2010, 07:48 AM   #1

Travel Supreme Mid-Engine Brake Light Issue

My brake lights have stopped working and I can't find the brake light fuse on my Travel Supreme Mid-Engine. It doesn't seem to be in the major fuse box (which is accessible outside and below the driver). The right rear signal light has stopped working also, even though the bulb looks ok. I've determined, using a VOM, that I am not receiving the proper control voltage at the rear of the coach (for the right rear signal light), so the problem must be somewhere in the front of the coach (under the dash panel ??/in line fuse??). Any help would be appreciated.

Ray
raywaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #2

Sorry hear of your problem, can you tell me how you like your mid engine TS, I am thinking of buying one.

Thanks
captcruz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Right now I am not sure he likes it.
He may after the lights are fixed and working.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:21 PM   #4

Guess you may be right, wish someone would give me some feedback, I am driving 5 hours on Monday to look at a 2007. Not knowing a lot if anything about RV's never mind a TS mid engine would be a help.

Thanks
Old 10-29-2010, 04:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcruz22 View Post
Sorry hear of your problem, can you tell me how you like your mid engine TS, I am thinking of buying one.

Thanks
Captcruz22:

I just tried sending you a lengthy response, but for some reason the system failed or timed-out.

In summary, I've fixed my problem, had very few other problems, and love my Mid-Engine. It has plenty of power (albiet noise level is a little more noticable than a pusher, but only during acceleration), well appointed, handles nicely, and the garage is great for hauling toys or Smart Car. Be sure to have the current owners give you a detailed demonstration of the operation of the garage floor; it is very important to perform the control operations in a specific order, otherwise you can damage the coach fiberglass. Ask them if the floor drifts backwards during travel, as you might want to add your own restrainers (adjustable tie-downs) as I do. During my next service, I'm going to have the system bled-off, just to see if that would fix my drifting problem (floor should never touch back fiberglass cowling, as it can crack it).

Good luck and contact me anytime with concerns/questions.

Ray
Old 10-29-2010, 06:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Guess you may be right, wish someone would give me some feedback, I am driving 5 hours on Monday to look at a 2007. Not knowing a lot if anything about RV's never mind a TS mid engine would be a help.

Thanks
Captcruz22:

Reference previous thread.

One more comment to add about my TS Mid-Engine. I was just reading how satisfied the owners are of their Big Rig RV Conversions, and it made me think more about the driving experience I've had with my TS. I do wish the steering was a little tighter. It seems I'm constantly compensating for drift (or "wondering"; whatever one might call it). I get the impression the Big Rigs hug the road better than Class A RVs, unless mine just needs adjusted. Be sure and trial-drive the one you are considering on the highway and at a pretty good clip.

Ray
Old 10-29-2010, 07:47 AM   #7

Hi Ray, many thanks for your comments, i do have have several questions for you. my cell is 954 934 7020 or would be happy to call you?, Considering the economic climate, that TS is no longer in business if that is important for should a 07 low mileage Me go for the broker is asking a lot for it. The garage is a key element in this purchase me, also how do you rate the interior quality.

Cheers,

Jordan
Old 10-31-2010, 05:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Hi Ray, many thanks for your comments, i do have have several questions for you. my cell is 954 934 7020 or would be happy to call you?, Considering the economic climate, that TS is no longer in business if that is important for should a 07 low mileage Me go for the broker is asking a lot for it. The garage is a key element in this purchase me, also how do you rate the interior quality.

Cheers,

Jordan
Jordan:

I really like my TS ME, but there are certain things you need to look for/expect:

- **IMPORTANT** Make sure there is bottom access to the generator (for oil & filter changes), as we had to pay several hundred for an access hole to be cut.

- Make sure the leveling system will work properly in Automatic. I have problems with ours (even after discussing with Equalizer Systems), so I just level the coach Manually (taking my time and being extremely careful not to torque the frame/body)

- Our drawers below the closet doors always come out during travel (even though I added some Bulldog retainers), so I prop cushions between the drawer faces and the wall. Iím going to try installing some better retainers (one of these days J ).

- Expect the king-size bed to be somewhat difficult to make, as there is limited space between the window blinds and the edge of the bed.

- Expect the guest bed to be somewhat unpleasant to sleep on. The design results in one end of the bed (near the eating table) being much more firm than the rest of the bed.

- The interior quality and craftsmanship is very good, but the kitchen area has limited storage space (compared to the Revolution pusher we traded in).

- Our main coach door retainer keeps unscrewing itself (which can result in a bent retainer), so Iím going to look at securing it in a better fashion.

- I donít know the current value of our coach, but the sales price new (not including our trade-in, and less the Smart Car), was $384K.

- Even though the ride/overall handling is great, I wish the steering was a little tighter. Be sure and take a highway test drive, so you can draw your own conclusions about road wondering/steering compensation.

- Make sure you are given a comprehensive demonstration of the garage floor operation, as the sequence of control actions is very important; improper sequencing can result in a cracked/broken fiberglass rear body part.

- Check the garage door operation, especially the locking mechanism; some of the bracket screws on my coach were over-tightened, probably during construction (air wrench), resulting in stripped screws causing loose brackets. I have since fixed my problems.

- Ask about garage-floor drift during coach movement, as you might need to add some adjustable tie-down straps to keep the loaded floor from drifting back against the fiberglass coach body (and cracking it). Thatís what I do, but I make the straps very conspicuous so that they are the first things I remove before unlocking, lowering and extending the floor. The next time I have my coach in for service, Iím going to have the garage floor hydraulic system bled-off, because I think the hydraulic pressure should keep the floor from drifting back, once the floor is stored for travel.

- Test the variable-speed windshield wiper control. Mine doesnít work the way I would expect it to (like my car); itís either operator error, or Iím expecting it to have a linear control capability (as implied by the symbol on the steering wheel) instead of the off-slow-fast results I get.

Some of the issues/concerns I mentioned come from Cindy, but overall I personally really like the TS ME (I especially like the power and the fact it has a garage with a hydraulic floor).

I know you are concerned about the fact TS went out of business (actually, they sold their assets to Jayco, who owns/started Entegra; the Entegra line looks like the TS, but the floor plans do not include the ME), but there are still coach dealers that can work on the TS ME (you just have to find them). Most parts can be found on the Internet (how did we ever get by without it J), and thereís always Cummins Diesel. I canít say enough about Cummins, as they are who I plan to use for all my engine service going forward. I just took a month-long trip recently and had reason to call them on a Sunday. The technician on stand-by returned my call within minutes and directed me to the Seattle Cummins Diesel parking lot, where we spent two nights. They fixed a coolant leak late Monday (we had to be worked into their schedule), so we waited until Tuesday to resume our adventure.

If the coach you are considering is the one in Sanford, FL http://www.rvtraderonline.com/find/listing/2007-TRAVEL-SUPREME-Mid-Engine-97382110 , then I think you would really be happy with it. I canít tell if this unit has a satellite system (canít see the roof dome), and surround sound with the large TV, but I would expect it to. I really like the fire place and especially the flat garage floor in this one (wish I had gone back to the dealer and had mine changed). Mine has the car-tire indentions, which makes it somewhat more difficult to pack/load bikes (I fill the indentions with large stacked boards). Again, I donít know if this is a good price, but itís definitely a fine looking TS ME.

Hope this helps, and best of luck.

Ray
Old 10-31-2010, 07:45 AM   #9

Quote:

Cheers,

Jordan
Jordan:

I forgot something in my last thread.

**IMPORTANT** Be sure and inquire about the Cummins Diesel Recall Status (IMG 2092). It is free by Cummins, and takes about 2 hours. They install a bracket on top of the engine to support the fuel line; without the bracket, the line can vibrate, and it might break and cause a fire.

Ray
Old 11-01-2010, 07:27 AM   #10

Thanks Ray and Cindy, all your comments have been noted.