Just one less thing...
My wife and I should be joining the ranks of Fulltimers in a month with our 2006 TS Select. We have spent the last few months downsizing our home and unfitting the motorhome and would like to share some of the work done. I currently live in the Hudson Valley of New York and took it to Precision Paint, Bremen, Cummins of Elkhart, and Spartan Factory Chassis, Charlotte, MI.
1. Reset Windshield
2. Put last of crossbracing up front
3. Repaired front cowl, accident damage this summer
4. Repaired cracks on top of cowl
5. Repaired paint and cracks in rear cap from previous owner
6. Replaced side radiator grill to new vertical grill, Spartan informed me that I have the small coolant package, TS fix to stop overheat with this is the new grill and deflectors
7. Remove dishwasher, replace it with two slide out drawers
8. Replace cooktop with Induction unit, does this heat fast
9. Replace entire waterbay floor and outside wall, every TS HAS THIS PROBLEM...
10. Removed all 4 TV's, replaced front with new cowl hutch, backlit w/LED's, living room TV WITH 47" Smart LED, removed Bedroom Tv and box. A picture now is on the wall, Bluetooth adapter added to rear sound system so we have Pandora of our smart phone/IPad, new 145W Yamaha receiver in living room, new traveler sat on roof, new 28" outside SMART TV, PLUG AND PLAY HDMI sat & BlueRay player.
Cummins/Onan, Elkhart did flush engine cooling system and put new thermostats in. Belts, tensioner and sucker fan upgrade installed on generator along with flush coolant, thermostat changed, oil, filters, glow plugs, and AquaHot system serviced.
Spartan Chassis, strongly recommend inspection(they do not try to sell you anything, they only want this chassis right)
1. Steering Wander, rebuilt Bell Crank, replaced short drag arm joints
2. Alignment & Ride Height: back 1 1/2" too high, left front too low, rear thrust out (dog tracking), new Koni Adjustable front shocks installed. Can tell you after driving it home, 700 miles this weekend, pleasure too drive!
3. Replaced broken radiator fan ( one fan bade cracked)
4. Repaired broken sway bar brackets, rear driver inside dually blew on previous owner and broke stabilzer brackets, muffler and damaged rear cowl
5. Repaired vanity slide speaker & 12volt harnesses on top of frame rail
6. Replaced tag axle hub seals
7. Replaced front right grease seal
8. Replaced all wet hubs plugs with new updated plugs, old shrink and allow water in and and grease out (Stimco plugs?)
9. Fan clutch
10. 6 new tires( FMCA DISCOUNT SAVED ME $150 a tire!)
11. TST 507 Internal pressure/temperature valve stems( love it)
12. Replaced Hadley ride computer, it would not recalibrate to reset null.
I am retiring from GM a technical trainer and The second part of my career, District Sales & Service Mgr/ACDelco. I know how to fix these units, but because of time constraints These shops performed almost all of the work listed above except a few...
This is money well spent, that is all they work on, most efficient and effective ROI. This is the Epicenter to get your coach repaired/upgraded.
As far as service work on the coach, I:
1. Changed oil/Filter
2. Fuel filter
3. Transmission oil/Filters
4. Rear diff.
5. Wet hubs
6. Air Filter. Do not go by your restrict or guage, mine was original, glue coming apart and date stamped. This is a yearly maintenance item on a 700 cu in engine.
7. White diamond driving lights, HID HIGH BEAMS
I cannot say enough good things for Spartan folks and Precision folks. Truly a pleasure to deal with them.
My recommendations: have Spartan do this...
38 Qts oil
36 Qts Atf
5 gal of rear diff fluid
You cannot get under this vehicle easy, (previous coach was 97 Discovery, easy too service, easy too get under)
This is going to be our home now, getting these things done just gives me ONE LESS THING TOO WORRY ABOUT ON THE ROAD!
If you want an idea want annual services should be done, I will be happy to discuss this on another thread...
And would I do this again if I had it all to over? Absolutely, I got this at a great price last year with an extended warranty from LazyDays and still under current trade in...
Dave & Jane Norton