Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2022, 10:14 AM   #1

Upgrading My 2006 Envoy 40DS04

I folks,
I am in the process of working on a bunch of issues if anybody has any links or info they can pass my way. I appreciate this forum and any help or guidance you can provide. I am in Phoenix and don't mind running it down to Yuma for repairs. Here is my list of issues....

1. Headliner delaminating in spots. Looks like its from water penetration. I plan to redo the rubber roof seams and replace the air conditioner gaskets.
2. Tires are aged out. Any recommendations for tire shops in Phoenix?
3. Rear air conditioner needs to be replaced. Cycles on and off continuously.
4. Phoenix shop for oil changes, Allison transmission service.
5. Convert refrigerator to a residential unit. Which unit have people used? What electrical modifications are needed?
6. Re-appolster front leather captain chairs.
7. Convert bedroom TV to flat screen. I use Direct TV and would like to not have to run HDMI cables all over for the TV's. Any way to do this with RF devices?

Thanks all for any help.
Brad Cooper
bradcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2022, 11:28 AM   #2

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradcooper View Post
I folks,
I am in the process of working on a bunch of issues if anybody has any links or info they can pass my way. I appreciate this forum and any help or guidance you can provide. I am in Phoenix and don't mind running it down to Yuma for repairs. Here is my list of issues....

1. Headliner delaminating in spots. Looks like its from water penetration. I plan to redo the rubber roof seams and replace the air conditioner gaskets.
5. Convert refrigerator to a residential unit. Which unit have people used? What electrical modifications are needed?
7. Convert bedroom TV to flat screen. I use Direct TV and would like to not have to run HDMI cables all over for the TV's. Any way to do this with RF devices?

Thanks all for any help.
Brad Cooper
Brad..
Can only shed a bit of light on one of the questions.. I used wireless genies from the house in my couch.. Bough a required bridge but just transferred the equipment from home when we traveled.. Worked well for the years I had Direct.. Recently changed to Dish and doing the same...
Are you sure you have a rubber roof? I thought TS's had fiberglass roofs.. I did or had done a major reseal a year ago.. Never really had a leak...
I used a Samsung residential in my change about 4 years ago.. Electrical had us change the refrigerator circuit to the inverter circuit panel. Did not have to change the inverter as the Samsung tolerates a modified wave inverter. Best change we made to the coach.. We really don't boon dock but cools quickly and the inverter powers it great..
Good Luck with all of that...
Ron Husak
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 01:32 PM   #3

Spartan Chassis
Here's a good link for repair reviews in all states.
RV Service Reviews

I had good results with Massey in Phoenix when I needed an airbag replaced.

Agree with Ron on fiberglass roof on TS. I too thought they all were fiberglass.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 03:03 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I folks,

Thanks all for any help.
Brad Cooper
A couple of shops we've heard of in Yuma are www.rvdecor.com and www.activervupholstery.com. While we haven't been to either, both are on our radar for a possible adjustable bed base installation and dinette upgrade. I would consider Cummins Coach Care for possible engine/chassis maintenance. The closest shop to you appears to be in Mesa, AZ. https://www.cummins.com/engines/moto...rvice-location.
kds4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 07:31 PM   #5

Upgrading My 2006 Envoy 40DS04

Thanks for the info KDS4, Ron & Rag ftw! Great help.

Ron what was the bridge you used?

BTW yep it has a rubber roof... I didn't know they did fiberglass roofs.
bradcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 07:48 PM   #6

Spartan Chassis
Quote:

Brad.. The bridge is a Direct TV deal that broadcasts the signal wirelessly around the coach for the wireless genies to pick up. I think I bought it from Solid Signal on line. Not expensive... You would also have one in the house somewhere to use the wireless genies around the house...
Hope that helps..
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:08 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:

Happy to. Cummins Coach Care does offer discounts in partnership with RV Geeks (full-time RV/YouTube channel). The RV Geeks YouTube channel is how we found out about Cummins Coach Care. There's info here: https://now.cummins.com/rvgeeks.
kds4 is offline   Reply With Quote