Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2021, 09:32 AM   #1

Water from ceiling/roof

Looking at a 2007 Limited for sale. Water started dripping from the speaker near the passenger co- captain's seat up front. Was running the air conditioner and had a brief medium rain shower. I did move the unit during all this. Could it be air conditioner drains ?
Don Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2021, 10:17 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Alan View Post
Looking at a 2007 Limited for sale. Water started dripping from the speaker near the passenger co- captain's seat up front. Was running the air conditioner and had a brief medium rain shower. I did move the unit during all this. Could it be air conditioner drains ?
Think we will need pictures to do anything but Guess.

Hook the Ladder up on the rear get up and Look - lot of seems and potential for water to get in - Just clean and Install this - https://www.amazon.com/EternaBond-Mo...46852067&psc=1 -

I did this some 8 years ago on my coach to stop all water intrusion. It will handle the Seams - This will handle the horns and the spots that the Tape will not - https://www.amazon.com/Dicor-501LSW-...0G6KGPFM&psc=1

Hope that heps - not likely the A/C

JMHO,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:26 AM   #3

Recently pressure washed my Class C roof, and noticed a leak in the very front of the cabover. It was the front seam caulking. I cleaned it up, put some EternalBond over it, and it's fine now. I also redid the rear seam with some Dicor. Could also be your clearance lights leaking. I put some extra caulking in all the screw holes for the lenses.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap4154 View Post
Recently pressure washed my Class C roof, and noticed a leak in the very front of the cabover. It was the front seam caulking. I cleaned it up, put some EternalBond over it, and it's fine now. I also redid the rear seam with some Dicor. Could also be your clearance lights leaking. I put some extra caulking in all the screw holes for the lenses.
Good advice on the marker lights, I forgot that I also removed all and caulked them as the gaskets all had failed - think this was a source of later leaks.

Best of Luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:56 AM   #5

Location: Lake OZ,MO summer-RiverBend Motorcoach Resort,FL winter
Could be the Girard mounts or the Winegard antenna, both in that area. That age of coach should have had old caulk removed by now and reapplied.
If the coach was not level, could be coming from anywhere.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:24 AM   #6

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Had the exact same problem on my 2004 Select.

It was a leak around the winegard ant. Not the Air conditioning.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:44 AM   #7

Quote:
It sounds like you are looking at buying something that already has a water leak? I would think that it didn’t just start leaking the moment you decided to look at this unit. How long has it been leaking? You really don’t know. How much hidden damage has already been done? Even with an inspection it is really difficult to spot water damage in certain areas such as, behind cabinets, shower stalls, closets, etc. Black mold could be growing in the ceiling or in the walls. You could soon end up with de lamination of the side walls. Water leaks can travel a long way and along many paths before coming out in another location.

IMHO I would look elsewhere.
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:32 PM   #8

water leak

check out the area where your over the air antenna goes through the roof mine leaked there also my orange marker light up front on top looked fine but leaked come to find out they crack right behind the screw you can not see crack but enough to leak
Herb51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:53 PM   #9

I had the same on my 2007 TSS Limited. I have the Highline roof mount awnings. I resealed all around the front bracket (removing all the old sealant and removing the screws). Seems fine now. I need to finish redoing the rest of the roof. I am also going to replace all the AC gaskets and add the AC drains so all the water goes down inside the rear cap.
Ron & Peri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 11:34 AM   #10

Water leak.

I have the same coach. The leak is either coming from under the Girard awning mount or it is the air conditioner
seals themselves. Recommended to change a.c.seals every 6 or 7 years just as preventative maintenance.
By the way you will love a select limited, great built coach with lots of power and no DEF to worry about.
bsu fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 08:27 PM   #11

Could be as simple as tightening the AC unit up. it just clamps against the roof for a seal. If it is a little loose it could leak.
DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling, roof, water