Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2020, 06:44 AM   #1

Skyline Owners Group
Spartan Chassis
Windshield Cover

I read several older post on the subject, but wanted to explore options currently available. I have a 2002 41DSO obviously it has the split windshield. Not sure if the previous owner had added the white bi fold shades on a track that meet in the center of the windshield or it was a factory install. Seems like it would be a pain to open the passengers side every time you wanted to enter or pull closed when out for a hike. I know the amount of heat generated in the coach with them open. What are the suggestions of the group? I do remember seeing someplace ones that attached with magnets on the outside...seemed clever.
41 TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2020, 07:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41 TS View Post
I read several older post on the subject, but wanted to explore options currently available. I have a 2002 41DSO obviously it has the split windshield. Not sure if the previous owner had added the white bi fold shades on a track that meet in the center of the windshield or it was a factory install. Seems like it would be a pain to open the passengers side every time you wanted to enter or pull closed when out for a hike. I know the amount of heat generated in the coach with them open. What are the suggestions of the group? I do remember seeing someplace ones that attached with magnets on the outside...seemed clever.
Factory install with a Magnetic opening at the Door - - Look at the 4' distance from the seat for the Strip.

Just open at the Magnetic Connection, each time you leave.

Best of Luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:26 AM   #3

Skyline Owners Group
Spartan Chassis
I did not see one, but will inspect it again.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:47 AM   #4

Skyline Owners Group
Spartan Chassis
Just checked, no magnets at door, must have been an early manufacture flaw...
Old 05-28-2020, 07:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Just checked, no magnets at door, must have been an early manufacture flaw...
You were the Original - First Copy!

Every Year they just got Better, I'd look at some Iron on Seam Tape and Cut it using very light weight Velcro at top and Bottom.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:39 AM   #6

If your concern is to reduce heat gain through the windshield, the inside curtains provide only the slightest benefit.

Lived fulltime in mine for a year faithfully using those curtains.

Then I heard about the benefit of exterior shades...they keep the heat from coming through the glass.

The MagneShade system appealed to me with its simple attachment by magnets. And I learned that a black shade cuts more heat than a white shade.

Been using the black MagneShades for 8 years now...still look like new. We stopped using our curtains for privacy, because we can't see through them at all, but the black shades are like sunglasses during the day from the inside and aviator shades from the outside.

However, at nite the black shade allows pretty clear views into the lit-up coach...so we just hang a colorful cloth shower curtain across most of the windshield.

As a side note...our factory curtains connect in the center of the windshield with magnets along the leading edges. They use that same arrangement just ahead of the door, so you can pull apart the curtain and manually pull it back to hang beside the copilot seat. That leaves the windshield and driver side window still covered.
Old 05-29-2020, 04:35 AM   #7

Magnashade

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 04:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Magnashade

Not sure I understand the Logic of Black if we are trying to keep the Single Pane front windshield Cooler?

-
Old 05-29-2020, 04:57 AM   #9

Skyline Owners Group
Spartan Chassis
Yea not sure why mine has no magnets, would have made sense. Like the look of the magnashades, looks $$ and don't see a listing for the TS 2001.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Yea not sure why mine has no magnets, would have made sense. Like the look of the magnashades, looks $$ and don't see a listing for the TS 2001.
2001 Travel Supreme - think this is the likely answer to why - We leaarn from the early models to make things better.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082MBC96Z...dDbGljaz10cnVl

Cut and Paste these in - or sew them in - Should work just Fine?

Best of Luck,
Old 05-29-2020, 07:09 AM   #11

No listing for mine either. They will send you a large sheet of paper you tape to your windshield and trace. They give you directions on how to do it.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:42 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
Not sure I understand the Logic of Black if we are trying to keep the Single Pane front windshield Cooler?

-

Maybe you know better

Old 05-29-2020, 08:58 AM   #13

Black fabric blocks sun more...doesn't allow light through the material. Very impressive material...it's flexible but very stable...not affected by UV or mildew.

I bought 2 front windshields, and door and driver side window. They threw in a nice storage bag, wiper covers, and a telescoping pole to hang the shades.

When a rock took out one of my windshields, I saved the magnets from it and mounted them on the new glass.

BTW, they're MagneShades (magnet) not MagnaShades.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:26 AM   #14

Skyline Owners Group
Spartan Chassis
Let me know if anyone has a set that would fit a 2001. I think the Magne Shades are the way to go! Tired of fighting with the inside windshield blinds that have no opening for the door side without retracting all the way around from windshield center.

Tags
cover, wind, windshield