Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2020, 10:07 AM   #1

Winter Projects

hello everyone, just received my Christmas present and my winter project a set of Boogy underglow lites for my 2008 45 ft T/S just was wondering what other T/S owners are doing for their winter project. I know with some of you that are full time it's not as easy as having a 60 x 100 ft heated barn to park Besty out of the cold. would be nice to hear everyone plans with this social distancing world we live in today . PS I live in Arkansas half way between Fort Smith & Little Rock on I-40 exit 94on the farm I have two RV sites With 50amps water & sewer if anyone traveling thru needs a safe free place to stay Call Pete 479 264-2803

Sirwowsalot
Sirmowsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2020, 11:07 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirmowsalot View Post
hello everyone, just received my Christmas present and my winter project a set of Boogy underglow lites for my 2008 45 ft T/S just was wondering what other T/S owners are doing for their winter project. I know with some of you that are full time it's not as easy as having a 60 x 100 ft heated barn to park Besty out of the cold. would be nice to hear everyone plans with this social distancing world we live in today . PS I live in Arkansas half way between Fort Smith & Little Rock on I-40 exit 94on the farm I have two RV sites With 50amps water & sewer if anyone traveling thru needs a safe free place to stay Call Pete 479 264-2803

Sirwowsalot
Jealous,

I'll be draining the radiator and installing new anti freeze today - outside in the COLD and the WIND. -

Looks as if I'll put you in the Phone if we get out again this winter. -

Those two spots inside with You . -

Looking at the Map - https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=097a7...=2&form=S00027 - this you - looks like a pretty large lawn.

I had quite a year - 12,000 + miles - New Alternator - New Coach Batteries - Turbo almost fell off - Kitchen Slide got hung up - Wires to the Brake Lights fell apart - OH then the Transmission Blew, just up the Road in Joplin.

BUT - was the best Summer Yet! - Because of Covid we were able to Meet up with the Two Son's and DW's with 5 of the 6 Granddaughters and tour the Rockies for a Month

So while the old TS had a few issues - it preformed well as the Covid Isolation Vehicle for the Crew.

Again Jealous of your warm Beautiful Shop,

couple of images; TS - Dinner when it is raining and 44 degrees - GD's - Yes with those Girls it was Really FUN and yes there were 14 for Dinner as we grabbed 3 from a West Coast family for a week .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7562 (1).jpg
Views:	47
Size:	399.7 KB
ID:	310126   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8128.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	310127  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7864 (1).jpg
Views:	43
Size:	324.6 KB
ID:	310128  
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 04:15 PM   #3

winter project

Busskepper, No that is not my place my adress is 25 deere creek atkins ar 72823 sorry to hear about all your problems we had the fan bracket break in effingham Il and took out the fan blades but did not hit the radiator RPM repair built a new bracket spartan sent a new fan and all the belts they had the coach for 3 weeks Just got back from Pauls he replaced the bay hinges to the new style also a new back up camera Keep me in your book welcome anytime

Sirmowsalot
Sirmowsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 06:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Busskepper, No that is not my place my adress is 25 deere creek atkins ar 72823 sorry to hear about all your problems we had the fan bracket break in effingham Il and took out the fan blades but did not hit the radiator RPM repair built a new bracket spartan sent a new fan and all the belts they had the coach for 3 weeks Just got back from Pauls he replaced the bay hinges to the new style also a new back up camera Keep me in your book welcome anytime

Sirmowsalot
Thank You again, will do.

Like I said best Summer Ever! - Family is the Why we do what we do.

Beautiful SPOT - with a lot of Grass.

Hope my travels bring me in your direction, thanks for the Invitation.

Bill
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 11:29 PM   #5

Quote:

Sirwowsalot
Sounds like a fun project! Good luck. Upload some photos when complete...

I do not have a warm space to do any projects in the winter unfortunately. I did find a local restorer that is reconditioning my captains chairs. Getting the bolts out of those is a bit of a trick but I’m really looking forward to new padded and dyed chairs. Hopefully they turn out...

I also just had the HWH active air installed and that made a fantastic improvement in the handling. Looking forward to some drives this winter to CO in January and northern MN in February. I figure if it’s too cold to work on the beast I may as well use it.
Rudy6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
projects, winter