Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2022, 09:06 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfridge View Post
Coleman 47024B879
I waited for one for 13 months, gave up, and bought a new coach
Yikes!!!
JedTheFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2022, 10:47 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My first thought is to wait and get the coach fixed with the original size unit.

But if after exhausting all reasonable options and you still have a major delay I would go with the smaller unit. 10% less capacity. But we do not camp in Arizona, Texas, or Florida all summer. My units do not run non stop all day.

I would not let the 10% reduction interfere with a big fun trip. Or cause me to spend a month or two in the coach with zero front air.

Moving the units might be an option. But might be more trouble than the benefit. That again depends on your camping style and location.

Good Luck.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 10:52 AM   #17

Gary

In my coach, the AC unit that gets the weakest "workout" is the center as the front works hard but pulls part of the weight of the mid unit and the rear unit also pulls part of the weight of the mid unit while cooling the back area..... point is, the mid unit works least hard in very hot conditions.... soooo

I'd put your good units front and rear and your dead unit mid until you get the new one.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:07 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Gary

In my coach, the AC unit that gets the weakest "workout" is the center as the front works hard but pulls part of the weight of the mid unit and the rear unit also pulls part of the weight of the mid unit while cooling the back area..... point is, the mid unit works least hard in very hot conditions.... soooo

I'd put your good units front and rear and your dead unit mid until you get the new one.

Gary
I agree with Gary.

And, if I forget to run the rear AC or open the vent while traveling, the back of the coach takes a while to cool down (when we stop for the night) due to the heat from the Engine. In our 2012 Aspire, our front and rear run the most. Magna Shade has helped a lot in the front to keep the heat out of the coach.

Cheers
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 09:19 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
When you get the new AC unit make sure to pay the $100 to Airxcel so you have the extra warranty

A friend who is a AC guy told me a couple years ago how to repair the unit so I bought the parts and was getting ready to charge the unit and my replacement came in 🤣🤣
Old 05-28-2022, 06:21 AM   #20

Definitely put the middle in the front and either wait on a 15K or put the new 13.5K in the middle. As previously mentioned, we spent a year without a rear unit, The bedroom was uncomfortable but livable. This was in a 14 Anthem. Louisiana and Texas with Magneshade.
bfridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 06:27 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My front air naturally does much if not most of the work. We do not tend to spend a lot of time in areas where all units need to run often.

I force the middle unit to run when we are away for the day by lowering the middle temperature and raising the front unit temperature. My hope is to keep the run hours more balanced. I did this on my 17 and had good luck.

I use the just the mid unit on moderate nights as well. The kind of night where you need a little HVAC when you go to bed but it will not run after 2 am. Then you might need the fireplace the next morning to take the chill out of the coach.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 06:38 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
My front air naturally does much if not most of the work. We do not tend to spend a lot of time in areas where all units need to run often..
When our front AC on the 14 went out we were in the cool Black Hills of SD. Of course when the AC went out, the temperature rose to 102 degrees with no let up for a few weeks. We headed to Denver to get a replacement shipped in faster, where they had a record breaking 105 and we had to wait until Monday. It never fails, if the AC goes out, you will be in a record breaking heat wave. So bad a box fan could not be purchased anywhere between SD and CO. every store was sold out.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 08:05 AM   #23

Once you get the install is pretty simple. Hardest think is getting it on top. My son and I tied ropes to each end with it still wrapped and pulled it up. Eat your cheerios first.
2013 Harley RG on a HydraLift
Mike&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 02:59 PM   #24

I have a 5thwheel that has 3 AirXcel Mach 8 15k units . The one in the bedroom is a heat pump and was condemned under warranty a couple of weeks ago . Not sure when I will receive new unit , at least it was still under warranty by about two months. I’m sticking it out for same size unit . It’s also the low profile unit , most I’ve seen online are not low profile. Good luck with your search.
cwall59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 03:21 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Check this unit out.

I have heard that it is more efficient than the coleman and it is suppose to be plug in compatible.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:26 PM   #26

15k air conditioners

There’s one nib for sale in Pennsylvania on the Facebook marketplace
alanmritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 03:41 PM   #27

Seems to me, if this is a warranty item, I would tell them to install the 13,500 now, and call me when the proper unit is available and I'll return for the FREE install of the correct unit.......
sgtstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 04:41 PM   #28

AC model #

My Newmar Dutch Star has a information sheet in one of the overhead cabinets with all that information. My last travel trailer did as well. May want to look in your cabinets to see.
dillardgl is offline   Reply With Quote