Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2019, 04:42 PM   #1

‘14 Anthem Black & Grey Tank Valve Pull Handles.

At close to six years of ownership the handles have become difficult to open one close. I’ve used silicone spray several times with temporary improvement. Any suggestions to improve the functionality would be appreciated.
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2019, 05:58 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
This stuff fixed it for me. I use it a couple times a year now to keep things moving smoothly. If that doesn’t fix it, the other fix is to replace the valves, which is about a two hour job and messy. The parts are cheap.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:25 PM   #3

My experience, for what it's worth, is that once the valves get to the point you described the only fix worth doing is to replace them.

As already indicated, the replacement valves are surprisingly inexpensive. Replacing them isn't overly difficult, and you can minimize the mess by extending the jacks on the passenger side of the coach, draining the tanks, retracting the passenger side jacks, and extending the driver's side jacks before removing the old valves.

Another useful tip is to replace the nuts on the bolts that hold the valves in place with nyloc nuts. The nyloc nuts will allow you to tighten the nuts & bolts just enough to prevent any leaks but not so tight as to damage anything.

For more detail on the valves themselves, see my post & photos on page two of this thread:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/repl...es-425882.html
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:03 PM   #4

You could do this: https://youtu.be/2GDErKY05-8
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:35 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake21 View Post
You could do this: https://youtu.be/2GDErKY05-8
I did that on a friends unit as a field repair and it did work. How long it lasted I don't know, but easy to remove the screw and do it again if needed.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, grey tank, tank, valve