Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2019, 11:43 AM   #1

‘14 Anthem Dash Drawer

I’m trying to remove the dash drawer below the GPS/Camera stack to re build the drawer frame work, but cannot figure out how to remove the drawer from its slide track. Any help would be appreciated.
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2019, 12:50 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
If it's the same as our '17 (probably) in the tracks on each side is a little black tab about 1/2" long with your fingers push one up and the other down as you pull the draw out. Then they just slide back in when you're done.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:34 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Mine also has a metal tab attached to outside rear of draw,it swings down to keep draw from over extending, swing up to remove draw (and release tabs on slides).
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:37 PM   #4

The ‘14 has a single track at the center of the drawer bottom without and identifiable tabs to release the drawer from the track.
Old 08-18-2019, 01:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallencollin View Post
The ‘14 has a single track at the center of the drawer bottom without and identifiable tabs to release the drawer from the track.
It still has the little black arm to pull over to get drawer past that catch. After you get past that, or maybe before, you have to reach over the drawer and there’s a little metal tab that you have to swing up to finish pulling the drawer.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 02:56 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I think my Classic 13 had a small screw on the bottom of the drawer in the center track that required a very short screw driver, and me laying on the floor with a flash flight to remove the screw to get the drawer out.

Mine won't stay closed either.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 05:03 PM   #7

Funny... my 14 anthem drawer also won’t stay closed .. been like that almost from new..tried a few things but it won’t snug .. actually takin the anthem to a local rv repair place tomorrow for a few repairs.. this drawer is on the list..

I will report back the solution if the shop can get it right...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:23 PM   #8

I finally found the black drawer slide release on the underside of the drawer. Removed the drawer and discovered that the entire mounting framework was unsecured and just floating in the cavity under the cup holder tray. I rebuilt the drawer framework today and ordered a new 10” slide that will arrive Wednesday.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallencollin View Post
I finally found the black drawer slide release on the underside of the drawer. Removed the drawer and discovered that the entire mounting framework was unsecured and just floating in the cavity under the cup holder tray. I rebuilt the drawer framework today and ordered a new 10” slide that will arrive Wednesday.
That 's a sorry excuse for a drawer. Our 14' had to be rebuilt as well as the 17'. It should be simple enough to mold into the dash a bit more structure for a drawer and slides.
Magic-carpet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:19 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
That 's a sorry excuse for a drawer. Our 14' had to be rebuilt as well as the 17'. It should be simple enough to mold into the dash a bit more structure for a drawer and slides.
Agree 100%. Rebuilt mine a few years ago, it was a sad state to start with.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, dash