Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2022, 10:39 AM   #1

15CS-J - Can’t Find Alarm Glass Break Module (rear)

Out dog has been setting off the alarm so looking to disconnect the glass break modules.

Found and disconnected the front module (under passenger seat cup holder) but can’t find the rear module.

The sensor is in the bedroom on the wall between the bedroom and bathroom (J floor plan) but I can’t seem to find the actual module.

I’ve checked under the bathroom cabinets and under the bays. The bay under that area is my wet bay.

I could pull out the sensor and cut the wire but I would rather disconnect at the module.

Any ideas on where to look?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2022, 11:42 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirwin View Post
Out dog has been setting off the alarm so looking to disconnect the glass break modules.

Found and disconnected the front module (under passenger seat cup holder) but can’t find the rear module.

The sensor is in the bedroom on the wall between the bedroom and bathroom (J floor plan) but I can’t seem to find the actual module.

I’ve checked under the bathroom cabinets and under the bays. The bay under that area is my wet bay.

I could pull out the sensor and cut the wire but I would rather disconnect at the module.

Should be under the bathroom sink area. Perhaps higher up hiding behind a sink bowl. Both sensors (front and rear) are the same so look hard for that little black box.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 11:44 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I know, different model year and different model...but...check below the washer/dryer. Looks similar to a temperature sensor.

At least, that's where mine is.

Take care,
Stu
Old 04-13-2022, 01:41 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Different floor plan, model and year but...on mine I have the closet drawers next to the wall the sensor is in. The module was on the ground under the bottom drawer. If memory serves I had to take out the middle drawer first to get to the bottom drawer more easily.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 02:39 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I've read several threads regarding the glass breakage sensor triggering the alarm system for a variety of reasons, other than glass breakage. When our coach was new, and we'd lock the entry door using the exterior keypad (arming the alarm system), we did have the alarm trigger when the dryer cycle complete buzzer went off.

Our first strategy developed to counter that was to be sure to never leave the dryer running when we left.

Over time, I've developed an attitude that I don't see much benefit from having the alarm armed when we're out of the coach.

So, when we exit, I simply slide the red lever down on the inside of the door latch to lock the door without arming the alarm system. If I'm inclined, I'll use a key to lock the dead bolt. We'll use the keypad to unlock the door when we return.

No chirp when we unlock the door. No false glass breakage triggered alarms. I'm sure that we're "unprotected" by not having the alarm system armed, but, don't see that as much of a problem.

Am I being foolish? How many break ins have been prevented by having the alarm system armed? How many nuisance false alarms have been triggered disturbing the peace and quiet for other folks?

I apologize that this is off topic.

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-16-2022, 12:53 PM   #6

Final Update:

I had been looking for the glass breakage sensor modules.

The front one was an easy find in the compartment under the passenger cup holder.

The rear module was a lot harder to find. A number of folks here suggest looking the the bathroom under the sink but no luck.

A call to Entegra solved the problem. The module is found beside the washing machine on the inside cabinet.
Old 05-16-2022, 02:54 PM   #7

More info on this topic in this thread:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/dis...rs-439568.html
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 05:07 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Final Update:

I had been looking for the glass breakage sensor modules.

The front one was an easy find in the compartment under the passenger cup holder.

The rear module was a lot harder to find. A number of folks here suggest looking the the bathroom under the sink but no luck.

A call to Entegra solved the problem. The module is found beside the washing machine on the inside cabinet.
Thanks for the update. That is a strange place, you would think the noise and vibration of a washing machine, with an out of balance load, would set it off. Maybe why most are in the bathroom cabinets area now.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:46 AM   #9

I’m either going to remove the module or turn the sensitivity all the way down.
Old 05-17-2022, 09:16 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
That is a strange place, you would think the noise and vibration of a washing machine, with an out of balance load, would set it off.
It was the dryer end of cycle alarm that triggered the glass break sensor on ours.

We've stopped arming the alarm system. Personally, we see it much more likely that an erroneous alarm will annoy neighbors than prevent a break-in.

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-17-2022, 03:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
We've stopped arming the alarm system. Personally, we see it much more likely that an erroneous alarm will annoy neighbors than prevent a break-in.
And there is the distinct possibility that the annoyed neighbors get sufficiently annoyed to break in your coach so they can kill the annoying alarm!
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:08 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
It was the dryer end of cycle alarm that triggered the glass break sensor on ours.
Take care,
Stu
Another engineers idea of "it looked good on paper", but we never used the coach to try it. Glad someone came up with the idea to move it to a quite area of the bathroom after using the coach
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 05:48 PM   #13

We disabled both sensors, as in disconnected them completely.
Dogs were setting off the alarm.

Our standard is using the keypad on the grab handle to lock and unlock the coach. We don't carry the keys with us (tho the second set lives in the console of our toad)

The keypad sets and turns off the alarm.

Sent from my moto z3 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:31 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
Our standard is using the keypad on the grab handle to lock and unlock the coach. We don't carry the keys with us (tho the second set lives in the console of our toad)
Our standard is to just slide the red knob down on the inside of the door latch as we exit to lock the entry door. I'll also lock the bay doors using the keypad by the entry steps. We don't arm the alarm. When we return, we use the grab handle keypad to unlock the door.

Works for us and no annoyance alarms for the neighbors.

Take care,
Stu

Tags
rear