Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2018, 07:51 AM   #1

18, Anthem tire bounce

have 2650 miles on odometer. I have been noticing a bounce in the front end / tires. tried different inflation's. had 6 corner weights done. nothing seemed to make it go away but i could feel it.

On my last Rv SOB.. I had the front tires spun balanced on the Rv. It will balance the whole assembly and worked great.

So I took the Anthem to have it spun balanced. They started on the passenger side first. No go, they showed me and explained to me the tire was out of round due to improper installation . the Drivers Side was correctly mounted. The Fix for passenger side was to have the tire R&R and re-balanced. took it to a tire shop and they spent 30 min doing dismount, spin the tire on the rim and remount it with their machine balance cost $ 61.00

I get on freeway going home and WHAT A DIFFERENCE no more tire bounce,, SMOOTH as glass.
( about time)
SO once i get a few hundred miles on the tire, I will go back and get them spun balanced on the RV.
This way I am assured the whole assembly is balanced with one another. call it overkill etc but for us we do 8 to 12 hr long drives and it does make a difference at the end of the drive.

the Shop in Houston TX is Heitman Truck repair, they are very experienced in Rv repairs.
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2018, 08:09 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice View Post
have 2650 miles on odometer. I have been noticing a bounce in the front end / tires. tried different inflation's. had 6 corner weights done. nothing seemed to make it go away but i could feel it.

On my last Rv SOB.. I had the front tires spun balanced on the Rv. It will balance the whole assembly and worked great.

So I took the Anthem to have it spun balanced. They started on the passenger side first. No go, they showed me and explained to me the tire was out of round due to improper installation . the Drivers Side was correctly mounted. The Fix for passenger side was to have the tire R&R and re-balanced. took it to a tire shop and they spent 30 min doing dismount, spin the tire on the rim and remount it with their machine balance cost $ 61.00

I get on freeway going home and WHAT A DIFFERENCE no more tire bounce,, SMOOTH as glass.
( about time)
SO once i get a few hundred miles on the tire, I will go back and get them spun balanced on the RV.
This way I am assured the whole assembly is balanced with one another. call it overkill etc but for us we do 8 to 12 hr long drives and it does make a difference at the end of the drive.

the Shop in Houston TX is Heitman Truck repair, they are very experienced in Rv repairs.
Glad to hear they got your bounce fixed. If you are happy with the work and the facility, add them to the growing list: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/comp...rs-380520.html
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:03 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
With mileage that low, I would think Entegra would pick up the tab. I hope you called them first...otherwise they might balk.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:11 AM   #4

Once you get those tires properly balanced, consider adding Centramatics to your steering tires. You can get them at Speedco. I love mine.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem